A Chatboard, EW forum is turning into a chatboard | ExpatWoman.com

A Chatboard, EW forum is turning into a chatboard

Latest post on 16 April 2014 - 17:21

I agree with Nordique.

To go back into a thread and look for an answer, I have to sift through SO much nonsense typed by only a very small group of specific ladies.

:(

Latest post on 17 April 2014 - 15:17
[i'> Redrec Tangle replied : Are you out of breath yet? IzzyOnTheSeat replied : Safa park or if you like running in circles try zabeel, or as i like to call it - "the hamster wheel" (its round nad 2 km so if feel like a hamster on a wheel) edited by IzzyOnTheSeat on 17/04/2014 [/i'> Yes, out of breath and I didn't catch my tail either :-(. But then, do hamsters have tails?
Latest post on 17 April 2014 - 14:04
nah - that is instead of running Will try to run 15 km tomorrow and saturday am as punishment...... :D Wanna join kittyCat? edited by IzzyOnTheSeat on 17/04/2014 As much as i want to put my head in a bucket of scorpions whilst walking over hot coals naked in front of the local vicar. either works for me :D
Latest post on 17 April 2014 - 14:03
I've followed this with interest. I love the banter between various members - makes me laugh!!! I think that to squash that humour would be very sad! WE LOVE YOU PUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome to EW! Thanks Lolacat - *takes bow* !!!
Latest post on 17 April 2014 - 14:03
nah - that is instead of running Will try to run 15 km tomorrow and saturday am as punishment...... :D Wanna join kittyCat? edited by IzzyOnTheSeat on 17/04/2014 As much as i want to put my head in a bucket of scorpions whilst walking over hot coals naked in front of the local vicar.
Latest post on 17 April 2014 - 13:59
nah - that is instead of running Will try to run 15 km tomorrow and saturday am as punishment...... :D Wanna join kittyCat? <em>edited by IzzyOnTheSeat on 17/04/2014</em>
Latest post on 17 April 2014 - 13:58
Safa park or if you like running in circles try zabeel, or as i like to call it - "the hamster wheel" (its round nad 2 km so if feel like a hamster on a wheel) edited by IzzyOnTheSeat on 17/04/2014 This is after you have concocted a disgusting cadburys creme egg samosa and your body has somehow tried to digest it.
Latest post on 17 April 2014 - 13:58
Are you out of breath yet?
Latest post on 17 April 2014 - 13:56
Safa park or if you like running in circles try zabeel, or as i like to call it - "the hamster wheel" (its round nad 2 km so if feel like a hamster on a wheel) <em>edited by IzzyOnTheSeat on 17/04/2014</em>
Latest post on 17 April 2014 - 13:54
I've followed this with interest. I love the banter between various members - makes me laugh!!! I think that to squash that humour would be very sad! WE LOVE YOU PUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome to EW! ruuuuuun puck, ruuuuun :D Tell me, tell me. Where to run?... Anything to get me out the kitchen (per previous post!!!). Oh, I've resisted getting involved in this for some time, but I just couldn't any longer!!! So useful as a procrastination tool. Love it!!! *running in circles until told otherwise!!!*
Latest post on 17 April 2014 - 13:52
Agree with LadyBee, completely. Had a good laugh at Lolacat's 'much love' comment but it seems to have vanished. I do think its a sign of the times when relatively new members post such threads and haven't been absolutely stripped to shreds and run squealing, tails firmly tucked, as it would have been in the past. Had to sit on my hands a few times, I mean the cheek of it. Who walks into a guest house and starts dictating how things should be? Height of bad manners. lol And what's with the much love malarkey? Was that a poor attempt at being humorous?
Latest post on 17 April 2014 - 13:25
Agree with LadyBee, completely. Had a good laugh at Lolacat's 'much love' comment but it seems to have vanished. I do think its a sign of the times when relatively new members post such threads and haven't been absolutely stripped to shreds and run squealing, tails firmly tucked, as it would have been in the past.
Latest post on 17 April 2014 - 13:17
Well i'm with AA on this and not going to let two posters with hardly any posts to their name and one with 30 odd posts dictate ow the forum should run. That is the job of the administration. The changes are refreshing and innovative. I'd prefer to be helpful, ad some humour then be a miserable troll. If admin weren't happy, would any of us be here today, using these names ;) edited by Geordie expat on 17/04/2014 Dont give them ideas or you will have splinters in your bum before you can say nuahgty chair Didn't there used to be a member called Geordie expat, whatever happened to her?? ;) :) :) :)
Latest post on 17 April 2014 - 13:16
I've followed this with interest. I love the banter between various members - makes me laugh!!! I think that to squash that humour would be very sad! WE LOVE YOU PUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome to EW! Are you trying to catch Izzy up at four stars ;) LOL..........................
Latest post on 17 April 2014 - 13:15
I've followed this with interest. I love the banter between various members - makes me laugh!!! I think that to squash that humour would be very sad! WE LOVE YOU PUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome to EW! Are you trying to catch Izzy up at four stars ;)
Latest post on 17 April 2014 - 13:14
I've followed this with interest. I love the banter between various members - makes me laugh!!! I think that to squash that humour would be very sad! WE LOVE YOU PUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome to EW! ruuuuuun puck, ruuuuun :D
Latest post on 17 April 2014 - 13:14
Well i'm with AA on this and not going to let two posters with hardly any posts to their name and one with 30 odd posts dictate ow the forum should run. That is the job of the administration. The changes are refreshing and innovative. I'd prefer to be helpful, ad some humour then be a miserable troll. If admin weren't happy, would any of us be here today, using these names ;) edited by Geordie expat on 17/04/2014 Dont give them ideas or you will have splinters in your bum before you can say nuahgty chair Didn't there used to be a member called Geordie expat, whatever happened to her?? ;)
Latest post on 17 April 2014 - 13:13
I've followed this with interest. I love the banter between various members - makes me laugh!!! I think that to squash that humour would be very sad! WE LOVE YOU PUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome to EW!
Latest post on 17 April 2014 - 13:12
I've followed this with interest. I love the banter between various members - makes me laugh!!! I think that to squash that humour would be very sad!
Latest post on 17 April 2014 - 13:12
Say what..............
Latest post on 17 April 2014 - 13:08
Well i'm with AA on this and not going to let two posters with hardly any posts to their name and one with 30 odd posts dictate ow the forum should run. That is the job of the administration. The changes are refreshing and innovative. I'd prefer to be helpful, ad some humour then be a miserable troll. If admin weren't happy, would any of us be here today, using these names ;) edited by Geordie expat on 17/04/2014 Dont give them ideas or you will have splinters in your bum before you can say nuahgty chair
Latest post on 17 April 2014 - 13:03
Well i'm with AA on this and not going to let two posters with hardly any posts to their name and one with 30 odd posts dictate ow the forum should run. That is the job of the administration. The changes are refreshing and innovative. I'd prefer to be helpful, ad some humour then be a miserable troll. If admin weren't happy, would any of us be here today, using these names ;) <em>edited by Geordie expat on 17/04/2014</em>
Latest post on 17 April 2014 - 13:02
Personally I think the biggest change is the fact you can't discuss current affairs. It makes the board look like a bored housewives playground if you can't discuss what's going on in the world. I agree with this :) Totally agree as there are only so many different questions you can ask and advice that can be given. And yes some is way out of date, but it's easy to bring that back up to date.
Latest post on 17 April 2014 - 13:02
Well i'm with AA on this and not going to let two posters with hardly any posts to their name and one with 30 odd posts dictate ow the forum should run. That is the job of the administration. The changes are refreshing and innovative. I'd prefer to be helpful, ad some humour then be a miserable troll.
Latest post on 17 April 2014 - 12:55
Personally I think the biggest change is the fact you can't discuss current affairs. It makes the board look like a bored housewives playground if you can't discuss what's going on in the world. I agree with this :)
Latest post on 17 April 2014 - 12:55
yep..... no fun allowed, you may only answer questions that have been asked, whether they are stupid or not.
Latest post on 17 April 2014 - 12:52
Is all this debate about whether or not fun should be allowed on the board making anyone else think of Footloose? Now I've got Kevin Bacon on my mind and a severe case of Thursday tarantism.
Latest post on 17 April 2014 - 11:01
Personally I think the biggest change is the fact you can't discuss current affairs. It makes the board look like a bored housewives playground if you can't discuss what's going on in the world.
Latest post on 17 April 2014 - 09:29
I think there are also some other reasons EW has changed in the 10+ years it has been running. In those days, there wasn't really anywhere else to ask things. (Does anyone remember the lady that used to have a column in 7 Days where you could ask her to find things and she would write back where to get it.) Nowadays, people are generally not here for only 2 years like they were then. People stay here for longer. There's not such a high turnover of people needing information, and those that do need information would often google it, finding the information on EW or somewhere else. Or they would ask someone they have met, who has been here for longer so knows more than someone who just moved in last week. Most information is already 'out there' and is waiting to be found, rather than unknown. We still have newbies to Dubai, but their requirements in terms of information they need have been met (Look at all the info EW has gathered over the years and made part of their site). Added to that, personalities on the board can change the rhythm and tone of the board, if it is sometimes not a very nice place to be, people will stay away. I believe that is what has happened to EW over the last couple of years and it has generally become quieter. Didn't she have a really posh double barreled name. I was thinking about her the other day
Latest post on 17 April 2014 - 09:22
Oh, dear. I meant to refer you to my question in the thread. I will stick to the real life human friends :) May you find peace within you and much love.
Latest post on 17 April 2014 - 09:09
Ha ha. You'll be back. "JUST WHEN I THOUGHT I WAS OUT ... THEY PULL ME BACK IN ..." Its like the Borg :)

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY