Fair and lovely | ExpatWoman.com

Fair and lovely

Latest post on 20 April 2014 - 20:56

I am watching the IPL and at the end of each over the adds for fair and lovely / handsome or whatever it is...

Just wondering does anyone use this?

Latest post on 22 April 2014 - 05:16
That was an awesome match... fantastic chase by King's XI - was actually the best match so far. The DD match last night was awful, come on Dhoni :D My boy should be in action this week :D
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 23:31
I actually find them on the offensive side and the guy looks like someone has smeared white cream over his face - just looks odd. Of course, being a die-hard Chris Gayle fan am supporting RCB. Did you see Kings XI last night.... wow, fantastic chase. Oh yes, I remember you are a Gayle fan, but he isn't in form at the moment. He didn't do much in the world t20 this time, except for the gangnam style dance after beating the Aussies. I'm supporting Rajasthan Royals because of Dravid. I'll follow him wherever he goes :D Too bad they lost last night to Punjab - I didn't see that match.
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 10:32
Hw many posters on this thread have usernames that are related to the title ? FairyDust, WhiteOrchid, Sunlight - random observation :D I was lost, to choose a username. I want to be a sunlight to spread light all over the world. hehhehehehe ( I think it is too much) :D
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 10:32
Hw many posters on this thread have usernames that are related to the title ? FairyDust, WhiteOrchid, Sunlight - random observation :D I was lost, to choose a username. I want to be a sunlight to spread light all over the world.
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 10:25
Check out how white this bollywood celeb is... in this pic she looks as fair as me - and I get my pasty complexion from my Irish heritage! http://www.indiamarks.com/top-10-googled-indian-bollywood-celebrities/ she is not indian national. Katrina Kaif is one of eight siblings, from a mother who is a Caucasian of British Nationality, and a father who was formerly from Kashmir, India edited by sunlight on 21/04/2014 Thanks for filling me in! Interesting that she figures in the main picture of an article on the top 10 googled 'Indian' celebs though... something Indian women would definitely aspire to emulate. True
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 10:19
yeah but adverts for tanning don't imply that your life will be so much better if you are whiter. Too true. I hate that aspect of it. How are tanning adverts that show how much more beautiful you will supposedly look with darker skin any different? Have you watched the F&L / F&H ads? Yes and they're delivering the same kind of superficial messages as all other beauty companies. F&L is no different than anything else out there capitalizing on women's insecurities.
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 10:16
yeah but adverts for tanning don't imply that your life will be so much better if you are whiter. Too true. I hate that aspect of it. How are tanning adverts that show how much more beautiful you will supposedly look with darker skin any different? Have you watched the F&L / F&H ads?
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 10:15
yeah but adverts for tanning don't imply that your life will be so much better if you are whiter. Too true. I hate that aspect of it. How are tanning adverts that show how much more beautiful you will supposedly look with darker skin any different?
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 10:11
Blast from the past ! My previous houseboy used to use this ! He added it onto his shopping list and I had to buy him a tube. Did he have skin like porcelen when he left you? :D sadly no ... !!!!!!!
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 09:52
Hw many posters on this thread have usernames that are related to the title ? FairyDust, WhiteOrchid, Sunlight - random observation :D Lol! Actually I was at a loss for a username and looked up across the room when I tried to think of one. White orchids on my dining table were the first thing I saw... et voila. It just so happens that I am also v white and constantly get asked why I am not tanned when I return to my home country. LOL I'd just been watching the 'Tooth Fairy' so thought of FairyDust :)
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 09:43
Hw many posters on this thread have usernames that are related to the title ? FairyDust, WhiteOrchid, Sunlight - random observation :D and yours like me after a day in the sun :D Just saw something on the shelf that might suit you nicely - F&L for squares :) i dont understand :(
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 09:42
Hw many posters on this thread have usernames that are related to the title ? FairyDust, WhiteOrchid, Sunlight - random observation :D and yours like me after a day in the sun :D Just saw something on the shelf that might suit you nicely - F&L for squares :)
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 09:37
Hw many posters on this thread have usernames that are related to the title ? FairyDust, WhiteOrchid, Sunlight - random observation :D Lol! Actually I was at a loss for a username and looked up across the room when I tried to think of one. White orchids on my dining table were the first thing I saw... et voila. It just so happens that I am also v white and constantly get asked why I am not tanned when I return to my home country.
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 09:35
Check out how white this bollywood celeb is... in this pic she looks as fair as me - and I get my pasty complexion from my Irish heritage! http://www.indiamarks.com/top-10-googled-indian-bollywood-celebrities/ she is not indian national. Katrina Kaif is one of eight siblings, from a mother who is a Caucasian of British Nationality, and a father who was formerly from Kashmir, India edited by sunlight on 21/04/2014 Thanks for filling me in! Interesting that she figures in the main picture of an article on the top 10 googled 'Indian' celebs though... something Indian women would definitely aspire to emulate.
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 09:31
Hw many posters on this thread have usernames that are related to the title ? FairyDust, WhiteOrchid, Sunlight - random observation :D and yours like me after a day in the sun :D
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 09:30
Blast from the past ! My previous houseboy used to use this ! He added it onto his shopping list and I had to buy him a tube. Did he have skin like porcelen when he left you? :D
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 09:30
Hw many posters on this thread have usernames that are related to the title ? FairyDust, WhiteOrchid, Sunlight - random observation :D
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 09:27
Blast from the past ! My previous houseboy used to use this ! He added it onto his shopping list and I had to buy him a tube.
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 09:21
Check out how white this bollywood celeb is... in this pic she looks as fair as me - and I get my pasty complexion from my Irish heritage! http://www.indiamarks.com/top-10-googled-indian-bollywood-celebrities/ she is not indian national. Katrina Kaif is one of eight siblings, from a mother who is a Caucasian of British Nationality, and a father who was formerly from Kashmir, India <em>edited by sunlight on 21/04/2014</em>
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 09:17
In fact I know someone who did a lot of modelling for Indian clients despite the fact that she is 100% British (and white)... they just put lots of jewellery on her and passed her off as a 'fair' Indian beauty.
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 09:15
Probably photoshop... but problem is message they are sending out to ppl who then try to emulate the look!
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 09:13
Is that natural or photoshop?
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 09:11
Check out how white this bollywood celeb is... in this pic she looks as fair as me - and I get my pasty complexion from my Irish heritage! http://www.indiamarks.com/top-10-googled-indian-bollywood-celebrities/
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 09:04
I too am *very* offended by these ads. In India the issue has got out of hand.. a year ago they were advertising an intimate shower gel to lighten women's private parts! Of course the couple portrayed saw their marriage from ice-cold to exciting and passionate as a result. Unfortunately they *do* work though... hence their astronomical sales :-(
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 08:51
yeah but adverts for tanning don't imply that your life will be so much better if you are whiter. Too true. I hate that aspect of it.
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 08:50
yeah but adverts for tanning don't imply that your life will be so much better if you are whiter.
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 08:46
To be fair many of the F&L products merely even out skin tone - so can help with sun blemishes etc and not necessary for bleaching the skin a lighter colour. But swings and roundabouts really, others lay in the sun all day trying to get a tan.
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 08:18
Seeing as the brand is widely available, I guess there are lots who do use F&L, but wont admit to it because it would be seen as being politically incorrect or admit to being not satisfied within your skin. I have to feel a bit sorry for people who buy this, quite sure they must have been subject to insidious or blatant comments which may have struck a chord somewhere. The entire culture - celebs, songs, marriage ads - talk about how life changes for a fair person and its safe to assume this DOES actually happen in these countries (average/good looking, light skinned person being more successful than a beautiful person with darker skin shades). A very easy Western example is pop star Beyoncé. There is no reverse campaign in place to counter-act this shameful practice, to instill in girls they are just as good as anyone else, at anything they put their mind to. So the bottles are flying off the shelves. I have even seen bigger international brands like L'Oreal and others coming out with a Whiteness range, this is even worse. To think, on the other side, whites bake in the sun to get a tan! To be honest I am glad there is F&H available now, decades of the darkest skinned dolts sitting beside their mummys expecting to marry a white swan just because of an extra piece of flesh between their legs, may now consider their appearance in the mirror and see what its like to have the shoe on the other foot.
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 08:02
What's the big deal? People use tanning lotions, makeup, etc., all in an effort to look how they perceive is better than they do naturally.
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 07:00
I actually find them on the offensive side and the guy looks like someone has smeared white cream over his face - just looks odd. Of course, being a die-hard Chris Gayle fan am supporting RCB. Did you see Kings XI last night.... wow, fantastic chase.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY