What would you tell your 30 somethig self? | ExpatWoman.com

What would you tell your 30 somethig self?

Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 21:30

I'm in my early thirties, SAHM to two adorable kids, looking to get back to work. Life is good but I'm wondering if I'm getting into a rut and if this is all its gonna be till the kids are grown? Would love to hear from anyone what they would do differently if they were 30+ again. Thank you ladies.

Latest post on 26 April 2014 - 22:23
I would tell her that life is much shorter than it feels at that moment - go ahead and take a risk, believe in yourself and your capabilities, don't listen those around you want to keep you down. Be your own person!
Latest post on 26 April 2014 - 20:12
with children? I would say, remember you have a partner and make special times for him. As mums we often get so caught up being a mother, we forget we have a partner...so forget about being parents a couple of times a month :) without children.....save 10% of your salary or more if you can so you can buy a house on your own!!! and build a retirement fund first and foremost. Do not party your face off because one day you will not have that face but you will taken care of yourself and have a house and retirement fund lol
Latest post on 26 April 2014 - 19:48
I would tell her to trust in herself. To go for any opportunity that comes her way no matter how scary it may seem. To laugh a lot and not take herself so seriously. I would tell her to treasure every moment with her kids they grow up way too quickly.
Latest post on 26 April 2014 - 16:07
I love this question and am bumping it up as there are many experienced and amazing woman on here and I would love to hear more of their opinions… The expat life can be hard for many of us who left our careers behind and or our families for living abroad. And many like myself who did so to support their husbands. What a great post/ question and there isn't a better audience to ask than the expat woman… Thank you all in advance for your input and advice:)
Latest post on 22 April 2014 - 04:39
Slow down take time for yourself ,often ......don't get into a state if the house is a bit of a tip ,the kids will just mess it up again anyway. Enjoy your little ones......they grow up sooooooo quickly,the next thing you know they are fleeing the nest....... Above all never forget who you are.
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 22:43
Last week's lottery numbers...
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 22:22
I would tell her to enjoy taking risks. Enjoy the thrills and stop procrastinating :) Plus tell her she will always have her mothers behind..... It will never change, despite numerous squats !
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 22:13
Take one day at a time, enjoy being SAHM, study or learn a new skill you're still young, you can always start something if you put your mind into it later once your kids are older & independent I'm 35 SAHM btw who has a post grad degree, I was working for one of Dubai's largest property development companies but I decided to quit to start a family :D I don't regret it or feel that I'm missing something. I'm studying again (for fun & to learn something new) who knows I might start my own business later ;)
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 21:43
I would tell her to get married and go to Dubai in her early thirties, have children as soon as possible if she could, so she could resume her career in her late forties after having been a (luxurious/lucky/privileged) SAHM, and then have loads of opportunities rather than being a careerless empty-nester aged just under 60. Well, you did ask. <em>edited by simpleasabc on 21/04/2014</em>

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY