What a find! | ExpatWoman.com

What a find!

Latest post on 24 April 2014 - 11:14

I just had to share this... We were at a BBQ yesterday in the Ranches and our friend had her happy juice discreetly delivered directly to her door! She tells me it's around 30% cheaper than buying from A+E or MMI AND it doesn't require a long sweaty drive all the way to Barracuda! It's called Centaurus - I understand they deliver not only to villas in Dubai but to apartments as well. To order online I believe you require a referral, so quote 'Martine'. What a discovery!

Latest post on 26 April 2014 - 15:00
I've used Centaurus a couple of times over the past 8 years when I haven't had time to go to Barracuda. It's convenient but their prices are not as good as Barracuda and the costs are inflated by having to pay the driver 100 AED when he gets there. I've had some bad produce from them including a full case of fizz which was flat. It's a bit difficult to return it once the driver has left. They used to only deliver to villas but they will deliver to apartments depending on how discreet the unloading place is. Never been asked to show my licence.
Latest post on 24 April 2014 - 19:15
Loving the way people are calling it "happy juice" :D
Latest post on 24 April 2014 - 15:34
Yes I second SalsB's advice - they have been here for years, but have your license to hand. A few years back one of their delivery drivers got stopped by the police (not sure whether it was random or not), was asked where he was delivering to and the customers didn't have a license - they ended up getting prosecuted.
Latest post on 24 April 2014 - 15:09
This company been going as long as I was in Dubai. You still need your liquor license thou. Never used them as at the time they only delivered to villa's and not apartments.
Latest post on 24 April 2014 - 15:06
We were also delighted to discover them, however we soon found that they are not very reliable, orders often don't show up, on top of that they don't have a large selection of the Grape juice.
Latest post on 24 April 2014 - 14:55
A friend told me about Centaurus a couple of weeks ago.. he mentioned that he had "happy juice" delivered to his place so I asked him who it was, and that is when he referred me to Centaurus... personally I have not used them yet, but I did create an account. I am surprised that there is a 1200 dhs minimum order as I doubt he would be ordering that much each time... but then.. may be he drinks more happy juice than I am aware off? But it is definitely all legit... will post back when I eventually get around to ordering from them!
Latest post on 24 April 2014 - 14:52
Undecided either way as to whether the OP is advertising or not but I am surprised she thinks it's better value than the Barracuda - we haven't found anywhere that is ... (so am I now promoting Barracuda ?? lol) better value in terms of saving oneself a 'sweaty drive' but not a better financial value I thought. I remember one of my first posts was about how the sales were still on in the malls after DSF was over, even though they were not expressly advertised any longer :) Feels a bit naïve now but at the time it seemed like such a cool discovery - and sometimes you really simply feel like sharing what you [i'>think [/i'>is a great find :) Yes - that's sweet but specifically promoting one company for your first ever post is odd....
Latest post on 24 April 2014 - 14:51
Hi I have just taken a delivery from Centaurus because the last time I went to Barracuda I got stuck in traffic (Wednesday eve after work) for over 2 hours. For that reason Centaurus gets my vote unless I'm headed to RAK for a day.
Latest post on 24 April 2014 - 14:38
Undecided either way as to whether the OP is advertising or not but I am surprised she thinks it's better value than the Barracuda - we haven't found anywhere that is ... (so am I now promoting Barracuda ?? lol) better value in terms of saving oneself a 'sweaty drive' but not a better financial value I thought. I remember one of my first posts was about how the sales were still on in the malls after DSF was over, even though they were not expressly advertised any longer :) Feels a bit naïve now but at the time it seemed like such a cool discovery - and sometimes you really simply feel like sharing what you [i'>think [/i'>is a great find :)
Latest post on 24 April 2014 - 13:40
Undecided either way as to whether the OP is advertising or not but I am surprised she thinks it's better value than the Barracuda - we haven't found anywhere that is ... (so am I now promoting Barracuda ?? lol) if you had no posts to your name and you came on here starting a thread about how fab Barracuda was.... it would cross my mind...
Latest post on 24 April 2014 - 13:34
Undecided either way as to whether the OP is advertising or not but I am surprised she thinks it's better value than the Barracuda - we haven't found anywhere that is ... (so am I now promoting Barracuda ?? lol)
Latest post on 24 April 2014 - 13:23
I don't think it's a campaign, I think OP was genuinely impressed and wanted to share. I remember also being very excited to discover them, but the excitement only lasted till I ran a quick price check. We normally shop in duty free or Barracuda and the difference is substantial, at times more than 50% (eg a bottle of M&C is aed 160 in duty free vs aed 261 in Centaurus). <em>edited by The Russian on 24/04/2014</em>
Latest post on 24 April 2014 - 12:18
I'm told the minimum spend is Dhs1,200. When my DH heads to our local a+e to prepare for a BBQ or other social gathering at our place, he easily spends close to that - but a hefty chunk of that is purely on tax! (Oh and probably his Fosters). No, I still think this Centaurus sounds decent value, not to mention a convenient service. Barracuda's still cheaper and a fun morning out !!
Latest post on 24 April 2014 - 12:02
New user actually ladies, was just sharing an experience and making an observation! Make an observation or promoting a company that has dubious legality....
Latest post on 24 April 2014 - 11:43
New user actually ladies, was just sharing an experience and making an observation!
Latest post on 24 April 2014 - 11:41
a marketing campaign or a new user? I guess MKT Campaign........we are seeing a lot of these!
Latest post on 24 April 2014 - 11:41
a marketing campaign or a new user? To stay in today's spirit: a) Marketing Campaign b) New User c) Both, thinking we're all daft My vote goes to c.
Latest post on 24 April 2014 - 11:37
a marketing campaign or a new user?
Latest post on 24 April 2014 - 11:28
I'm told the minimum spend is Dhs1,200. When my DH heads to our local a+e to prepare for a BBQ or other social gathering at our place, he easily spends close to that - but a hefty chunk of that is purely on tax! (Oh and probably his Fosters). No, I still think this Centaurus sounds decent value, not to mention a convenient service.
Latest post on 24 April 2014 - 11:19
I just had to share this... We were at a BBQ yesterday in the Ranches and our friend had her happy juice discreetly delivered directly to her door! She tells me it's around 30% cheaper than buying from A+E or MMI AND it doesn't require a long sweaty drive all the way to Barracuda! It's called Centaurus - I understand they deliver not only to villas in Dubai but to apartments as well. To order online I believe you require a referral, so quote 'Martine'. What a discovery! and a huge minimum order !! lol

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY