JLT-update of which ones to avoid | ExpatWoman.com

JLT-update of which ones to avoid

Latest post on 07 September 2014 - 22:00
I lived in Armada 3, maintenance wasn't brilliant, could never speak to the anyone, had to complete a form for repairs etc, and had to hand them to security, many forms went missing, as for the pool, never maintained and water was always cloudy. Cooler costs were 13000,00 for 11 months. The management would not let us vacate the building without landlords permission.
Latest post on 03 September 2014 - 17:23
Some time ago I was getting extremely strong cooking smells in my main bedroom coming from another apartment. After continuously having maintenance in and being told they couldn't find any problems and also getting them visit when we had this smell too. Finally they decided to use expanding foam in certain areas in that A/C section as they finally found gaps surrounding pipes. This thankfully worked and those smells stopped all together. But to date they are still trying to find a solution to the A/C problem in our daughters room. Sometimes her A/C can smell so bad it will even wake her up if it is put on for at least an hour. This smell then travels through the rest of the apartment so we have no choice but to turn hers off which is just not acceptable. Today they have just left our apartment saying that the A/C is being repaired in the building as we speak and should be cooler tomorrow. They say there may be a solution to the bad smell but obviously this will once again cost the landlord, and we have to see A if it will work and B if he is willing to pay for it. So I am not sure if this once again is a ploy to keep me quiet or if in fact it will work. But if it has taken them since February to find a solution I am not holding out much hope. Yes we would love to move out but we paid for a year just like most tenants and we would lose at least 3 months rent by doing that and lets be honest if people like me didn't stamp their feet in situations like this then following tenants would experience the same nightmare and I don't think that is right at all. There is a Community Wall on the net for tenants in JLT and it appears I am certainly not the only one complaining or experiencing similar A/C problems in this tower. So I hope I am helping people by posting this. Afterall rents are going crazy and we live in a country where we have to have A/C so it should be clean air and cold air. When you view a property the A/C is not usually working so you just assume it will be good don't you? <em>edited by debbieiw on 03/09/2014</em>
Latest post on 03 September 2014 - 17:11
I live in GCV2 and have just renewed my tenancy for another year. The only issue I have had is in the last couple of weeks when I use my a/c in my bedroom. The smell of cigarette smoke that filters through is disgusting. Apart from that I have had no issues and the tower is significantly nicer than a number of others I viewed in the area.
Latest post on 03 September 2014 - 08:47
I live in GCV2 and have just renewed my tenancy for another year. The only issue I have had is in the last couple of weeks when I use my a/c in my bedroom. The smell of cigarette smoke that filters through is disgusting. Apart from that I have had no issues and the tower is significantly nicer than a number of others I viewed in the area.
Latest post on 02 September 2014 - 23:25
We are on the 18 th floor. Believe me when our tenancy expires I will be gone. But seriously it is disgusting. They make the whole tower look so nice and obviously landlords will only praise it to get more tenants in. Yes we were told it was a design issue too. Then they blame Palm District Cooling, then they blame possibly the bin shoot. You constantly pay for maintenance to come in and they do all these jobs to try and rectify things over and over again. I know there are still issues with other tenants relating to their A/C too but every department just continuously blames one another. So you have been warned, stay away from Goldcrest Views 2, JLT.
Latest post on 02 September 2014 - 23:15
I would like to update anyone searching for apartments in JLT. I have lived in Goldcrest Views 2 since February. Since moving in I have had maintenance constantly in and out of the apartment as the A/C is disgusting. Bad smells in our daughters room and the apartment. The tower A/C is useless. You can put the A/C on the coolest setting possible, which believe me isn't cold and even if you have it on all day it still isnt cold enough. All the while your bills to Palm District Cooling just keep going up and up. The tower is lovely, the pool is lovely, the lobby is very nice and good security. But the A/C lets the whole tower down. Please please take my advice. Go elsewhere and save money. A/C is a must in this country. It might seem like a bargain but you'll be paying for it. edited by debbieiw on 01/09/2014 I know! I lived there for a year and suffered They can't fix it so dnt bother If u can't stand it like I did move out There's a problem with the design of the building and they have no solution, Tht was told to me by a top mgt individual after I called the police cos it was extremely hot and I had a baby infant. Which floor r u? It's not in all floors though
Latest post on 02 September 2014 - 09:37
we have an apartment in GreenLakes S3 tower... right next to the metro station and our tenant has been very happy there... we haven't had the tenant raising any issues to our attention so perhaps that's a tower you could consider in your search... they are more expensive than some of the other towers in the JLT area though due to their size and fittings...
Latest post on 02 September 2014 - 00:33
I would like to update anyone searching for apartments in JLT. I have lived in Goldcrest Views 2 since February. Since moving in I have had maintenance constantly in and out of the apartment as the A/C is disgusting. Bad smells in our daughters room and the apartment. The tower A/C is useless. You can put the A/C on the coolest setting possible, which believe me isn't cold and even if you have it on all day it still isnt cold enough. All the while your bills to Palm District Cooling just keep going up and up. The tower is lovely, the pool is lovely, the lobby is very nice and good security. But the A/C lets the whole tower down. Please please take my advice. Go elsewhere and save money. A/C is a must in this country. It might seem like a bargain but you'll be paying for it. edited by debbieiw on 01/09/2014 I know! I lived there for a year and suffered They can't fix it so dnt bother If u can't stand it like I did move out There's a problem with the design of the building and they have no solution, Tht was told to me by a top mgt individual after I called the police cos it was extremely hot and I had a baby infant. Which floor r u? It's not in all floors though
Latest post on 01 September 2014 - 22:45
I would like to update anyone searching for apartments in JLT. I have lived in Goldcrest Views 2 since February. Since moving in I have had maintenance constantly in and out of the apartment as the A/C is disgusting. Bad smells in our daughters room and the apartment. The tower A/C is useless. You can put the A/C on the coolest setting possible, which believe me isn't cold and even if you have it on all day it still isnt cold enough. All the while your bills to Palm District Cooling just keep going up and up. The tower is lovely, the pool is lovely, the lobby is very nice and good security. But the A/C lets the whole tower down. Please please take my advice. Go elsewhere and save money. A/C is a must in this country. It might seem like a bargain but you'll be paying for it. <em>edited by debbieiw on 01/09/2014</em>
Latest post on 08 June 2014 - 19:05
I did a search on here to find out more information about the JLT apartments as we need to move. The threads are quite old and a lot can happen in a few years. I would be grateful if you could share your experiences of which towers are good and which ones are bad. TIA Gold crest2 is terrible..very weak ac and bad mgt. My sister in law recently moved in to Goldcrest Views 2 and couldn't be happier. No a/c problems. It's one of the few buildings in JLT that got an owners committee and in general the building is very well managed. Goldcrest Views 1 she liked as well. I lived in the last floor and the ac did not work in one of the rooms, I spoke with mgt and they informed me tht it's a problem with the design and can't b fixed so we moved out the next year. So the owner did not pay his maintenance fees so we weren't allowed to use the ac or the gym too, once security wouldn't let me in the building cos I had no access card and I almost called the police. I did ask others in the same tower and not all had the same problem but still I'd never go bk. I suffered becos of the heat. I'm still in Jlt and I'm very happy in this tower, thank god :) I dnt recommend it at all. But I know tht not all apts have this problem so she's one of the lucky ones. It sounds more like you had a bad experience with your landlord. I can honestly say that I haven't heard anyone complaining about a/c problems in the building. She's been living there for 6 month now on quite a high floor. There wer problems between the landlord and Asteco and it was becos of the ac. He wouldn't pay the fees becos they couldn't fix the ac. (He had every right but we paid the price) One day in August the ac completely failed in all rooms and they wudnt come and check it out becos it was a Friday, I called the police and they said they can't do anything abt it. I had a baby and she cudnt sleep frm the heat so I checked into bonnigton. It was a terrible experience living there. The following year we moved and we had to pay more becos rents increased but we wer fed up and thank god we moved.
Latest post on 08 June 2014 - 18:52
I've heard Seif r very good
Latest post on 08 June 2014 - 18:51
I did a search on here to find out more information about the JLT apartments as we need to move. The threads are quite old and a lot can happen in a few years. I would be grateful if you could share your experiences of which towers are good and which ones are bad. TIA Gold crest2 is terrible..very weak ac and bad mgt. My sister in law recently moved in to Goldcrest Views 2 and couldn't be happier. No a/c problems. It's one of the few buildings in JLT that got an owners committee and in general the building is very well managed. Goldcrest Views 1 she liked as well. I lived in the last floor and the ac did not work in one of the rooms, I spoke with mgt and they informed me tht it's a problem with the design and can't b fixed so we moved out the next year. So the owner did not pay his maintenance fees so we weren't allowed to use the ac or the gym too, once security wouldn't let me in the building cos I had no access card and I almost called the police. I did ask others in the same tower and not all had the same problem but still I'd never go bk. I suffered becos of the heat. I'm still in Jlt and I'm very happy in this tower, thank god :) I dnt recommend it at all. But I know tht not all apts have this problem so she's one of the lucky ones.
Latest post on 08 June 2014 - 18:48
I live in Mag 214 in cluster R. As a whole it's a pretty good tower with good proximity to the lake and park and metro station. The apartments (we have a 2 bed) are pretty large too. However, the reason I am not raving about it is because they are just starting construction again on the tower next door ......
Latest post on 08 June 2014 - 17:30
I did a search on here to find out more information about the JLT apartments as we need to move. The threads are quite old and a lot can happen in a few years. I would be grateful if you could share your experiences of which towers are good and which ones are bad. TIA Gold crest2 is terrible..very weak ac and bad mgt.
Latest post on 08 June 2014 - 17:22
I did a search on here to find out more information about the JLT apartments as we need to move. The threads are quite old and a lot can happen in a few years. I would be grateful if you could share your experiences of which towers are good and which ones are bad. TIA

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY