Functional doctor in Dubai | ExpatWoman.com

Functional doctor in Dubai

Latest post on 13 June 2014 - 02:42

Does anyone know of a functional doctor in Dubai? Many thanks!

Latest post on 23 August 2016 - 17:19
doctors in dubai www.doctorsindubai.ae
Latest post on 18 August 2016 - 11:14
I am interested to know too whether there are good functional doctors here in Dubai
Latest post on 17 August 2016 - 15:50
Wondering if you found the Functional Doctor you were looking for?
Latest post on 14 June 2014 - 17:06
Please excuse my ignorance, but I find this area more concerned with gyne related issues (esp the mention of estrogen & progesteron). And if that is so, you should consult Dr Michael Fakih or Dr Ahmed Fakih or Dr Ghina Shami. All are experienced doctors and will provide a beneficial way forward. All the best!!
Latest post on 14 June 2014 - 13:03
Chris Kresser: The most important thing that I want to get across as context for this discussion is that there are two different models of endocrinology, which is the branch of medicine that deals with hormone issues. There’s the replacement model of endocrinology and the functional model of endocrinology. The replacement model is basically measuring what’s low and replacing it. So you go to the doctor and they measure your hormones. Let’s say you have low estrogen and progesterone, and they give you estrogen and progesterone to replace those and bring those levels back up. That’s the replacement model. The functional model is different. It is concerned with determining the underlying cause or source of the problem and addressing it at that level, and then once you do that, the hormones basically take care of themselves because there are basic systems in the body that are required for proper hormone function, and if you make sure those systems are functioning well, then the hormones will usually be in balance and at optimal levels. I'm looking for a functional doctor as described in the above excerpt. You could always google of course. <em>edited by Chocobella on 14/06/2014</em>
Latest post on 13 June 2014 - 08:48
Opposite of a dysfunctional doctor I guess....
Latest post on 13 June 2014 - 06:24
What is a functional doctor? I didn't dare ask... was about to google it.
Latest post on 13 June 2014 - 06:15
What is a functional doctor?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY