Help Please - Hubby needs a job!!! | ExpatWoman.com

Help Please - Hubby needs a job!!!

Latest post on 26 July 2014 - 06:06
Hi, Sorry for being late as got really tied up.... Have sent u email to send ur hubby's CV... Pls check and lemme know once u send it.
Latest post on 23 July 2014 - 23:35
Not to mention pls.....it will be our pleasure of we can be of any help....Will mail u the details tomorrow.
Latest post on 23 July 2014 - 08:40
Hi Pearl13 Abu Dhabi would be no problem.....thank you so much for your offer Much appreciated! <em>edited by Suzimack on 24/07/2014</em>
Latest post on 22 July 2014 - 21:22
Hi, if he is ready to work in Abu Dhabi in a construction industry... Pls give me ur mail id...I will give u contact details of my husband....maybe he could be some of ur help to forward it for ur hubby's interview.... Let me know
Latest post on 22 July 2014 - 11:28
Arabtec did a massive wipe out recently as they are cutting costs and getting rid of high paid staff - which we (UK) tend to be. I wish you luck finding something. Have a look in Oman as well. There are a few new projects scheduled there.[/quote Qatar too
Latest post on 22 July 2014 - 10:10
Arabtec did a massive wipe out recently as they are cutting costs and getting rid of high paid staff - which we (UK) tend to be. I wish you luck finding something. Have a look in Oman as well. There are a few new projects scheduled there.
Latest post on 22 July 2014 - 09:33
Hubby is still looking - have applied for several things, but so far nothing! Are there any temporary/part-time jobs here that he could be looking at, as a short-term measure? Back home this would be really easy for him, but here it seems so much more complex!! Ideally a driving job would suit him for now - but everyone seems to want Indian or Pakistani drivers, so they can pay next to nothing!!!! :-(
Latest post on 23 June 2014 - 23:27
and also ARABTEC
Latest post on 23 June 2014 - 16:35
Also Atkins & Halcrow
Latest post on 23 June 2014 - 16:25
As your husband to contact the following : Besix Aecom ETA Amana Pipeline AT kearney <em>edited by mushypeas on 23/06/2014</em>
Latest post on 23 June 2014 - 15:34
Thanks ladies......should probably also qualify to say he's not degree qualified (for the work he did in the UK it was never needed) but has 12 years UK rail industry experience, and held various industry certifications (most have lapsed but could easily be renewed) Lack of a degree is a bit of an issue here.....:-( I will get him to check on LinkedIn I will be honest and say most of the senior Western guys I work with and have placed here do not have a degree. It is rare Men of a certain age will have one as it wasn't the done thing I hope he finds something soon
Latest post on 23 June 2014 - 15:24
Thanks ladies......should probably also qualify to say he's not degree qualified (for the work he did in the UK it was never needed) but has 12 years UK rail industry experience, and held various industry certifications (most have lapsed but could easily be renewed) Lack of a degree is a bit of an issue here.....:-( I will get him to check on LinkedIn
Latest post on 23 June 2014 - 14:18
How about this? http://www.gulftalent.com/home/Assistant-Project-Manager-Resident-Engineer-Rail-jobs-in-Dubai-UAE-155509.html
Latest post on 23 June 2014 - 14:17
also check on LinkedIn... they have around 19 listings under Jobs if you search by the keyword 'rail'
Latest post on 23 June 2014 - 14:12
has he tried http://www.etihadrail.ae/en/project/rail-network-map
Latest post on 23 June 2014 - 14:08
Hoping someone out there may know of any vacancies or anyone who may be looking to hire. My hubby has been made redundant from his position here in Dubai, and finding it difficult to get anything else. He comes from a railway (maintenance and renewal) background in the UK, and was working with Dubai metro, but they have decided to reduce their workforce quite significantly, and cut costs by using Filipino qualified staff instead of UK/Westerners. Ideally he would like something in a similar vein - I know there are big rail projects in AUH, Qatar and Saudi, but its trying to get hold of the right person who can help you get a foot in the door! He's willing to be versatile though, and try anything else that is likely to provide a half decent income! Even some part-time or temporary work would be good for now - its not ideal for him to be stuck at home (especially during Ramadan) and I'm sure he'd just like to be doing something useful! If anyone has any ideas, or knows of any jobs coming up, please please please let me know! :-) TIA

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY