Best Karate Class (Dojo) in Dubai!! World Black Belt Centre. | ExpatWoman.com

Best Karate Class (Dojo) in Dubai!! World Black Belt Centre.

Latest post on 05 July 2014 - 20:09

You may not recall, but I wrote a thread in 2010 (I am sure I got deleted as someone hijacked the thread and started to use threats and bad language) as I was trying to find a good karate class for my then 7year old DS. I had an awful experience at the Shangri La Hotel (it’s closed down now...what a surprise) and as well as warning people about the experience I received, was asking if anyone new of any good classes to take my DS. Someone kindly recommended me to the WORLD BLACK BELT CENTRE on Sheikh Zayed Road next to Mazaya centre...Well for anyone thinking of enrolling their DS/DD, I would also highly recommend it. Since my DS started there, he has now (at 11 years old, 4 years on) passed his junior black belt and is thrilled to have reached his goal in self-defence! Honestly I cannot endorse it highly enough. Not only has Master Rio Altaie been a supportive role model over all those years, but has been a true inspiration to my DS. For anyone thinking of karate classes (both children and Adult classes) then this is the right place! A huge thanks you to whoever recommended me to WBBC, hence I am writing this for anyone else who is stuck as I was back then. My DS will still continue to practise karate and aim for his First Dan. There is always a higher goal in life and that is what this Dojo (Tang Soo Do) has taught him as well as focus, respect, and discipline. Had to share!

Latest post on 23 August 2015 - 04:46
Thanks, I'll definitely check out Decathlon in the future!
Latest post on 19 August 2015 - 18:40
dannnng.... we used to pay 10egp for a belt. like 4.7aed :p And that much could buy 2 uniforms!
Latest post on 19 August 2015 - 10:44
I called Go Sports in Dubai Mall and the gi there is 175dh... so a little less, but maybe not worth the side trip! How about belts -- do dojos typically include the next color belt in the belt test fee? I didn't bring my kids' orange and yellow belts thinking that I would buy them here as we did in our previous country, but it seems that they can't be bought separately from sports stores?
Latest post on 18 August 2015 - 23:51
We attended our first class there a few days ago and were really impressed by the professionalism and organization in comparison to our previous place :) Thanks for the rec! The uniforms they sell are 200dh -- is that about what I should expect to pay anywhere? (where we come from, they cost about $10 :p)
Latest post on 17 August 2015 - 12:48
Sounds great! Are they still next to Mazaya centre, and is that their only location?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY