DESPERATE NEED OF HELP BUYING SUITCASES HERE | ExpatWoman.com

DESPERATE NEED OF HELP BUYING SUITCASES HERE

Latest post on 24 July 2014 - 14:31

LEaving Monday and still haven't packed for my 2 kids and husband and well myself! To find all of our large suitcases have disappeared somehow! Does anyone know where I can buy 3 big ones without spending too much? Has anyone bought them at dragon mart and had no problems with them? thank u so much in advance for any help!

Latest post on 25 July 2014 - 11:14
I bought one from Jashanmal a few weeks ago - they had a sale on Delsey and whilst it's not USD50, it was very reasonable and C4 online sold the same suitcase for 200 dhs more. But I like Doubting Thomas' suggestion.
Latest post on 25 July 2014 - 00:04
I honestly think you should go to Carrefour, they have tons of options ranging in price. A few years back I got a really good one, on special, which expands and it not too huge but just perfect with a bit of room should I shop more than expected. good luck!
Latest post on 24 July 2014 - 23:33
I agree I am just pretty stressed and carless and live in a location most taxis get lost coming to. its hard for me to venture out so I needed advice as not to waste time etc. also ive made posts before w no response so thought it woiuld catch more attention that way lol
Latest post on 24 July 2014 - 23:12
or maybe if they're that good in America why not get a cheap one here and buy a decent one next time you're there..
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 24 July 2014 - 22:08
Sorry Adooli but your thread heading looks a bit silly. Suitcases are not a reason to get desperate. IC4 and. Geant have different price and quality ranges. If you want something decent fast you might have to spend a little bit more.
Latest post on 24 July 2014 - 19:55
Thank you for all of the helpful replies, ill ignore the rude ones who think they have so much to add to others lives with their unwarranted sarcasm. I will definitely buy one which sticks out I had bad experience with a c4 one so I was trying to avoid the big stores thinking they all carried the same sort of quality. I am American where I can buy a good one for 50 USD and it lasts forever so sad I cant get a decent one for a similar price which is why I asked if anyone had experience with dragon mart suit cases.
Latest post on 24 July 2014 - 18:37
and buy the most hideous, bright colour you can find...... I have shocking pink plastic ones - and they are so easy to spot on the carousel.
Latest post on 24 July 2014 - 18:25
I never realized buying a suitcase was so complicated. Just go to one of the big supermarkets and buy some. me neither - husband just bought a new one in Carrefour An EW first i think? lol
Latest post on 24 July 2014 - 18:23
I never realized buying a suitcase was so complicated. Just go to one of the big supermarkets and buy some. me neither - husband just bought a new one in Carrefour
Latest post on 24 July 2014 - 18:19
I never realized buying a suitcase was so complicated. Just go to one of the big supermarkets and buy some.
Latest post on 24 July 2014 - 15:40
Geant, C4, Hyperpanda and other large supermarkets, will all sell them at reasonable prices. The shop mentioned that is opposite Geant isn't particularly cheap. It's not the Samsonite one I'm talking about it's the other one. Also depends on how long you want the suitacases to last and how light you want them to be before you start packing.
Latest post on 24 July 2014 - 15:30
Geant, C4, Hyperpanda and other large supermarkets, will all sell them at reasonable prices. The shop mentioned that is opposite Geant isn't particularly cheap.
Latest post on 24 July 2014 - 15:09
Lulu Hypermarket in Barsha have quite a large selection and all different prices. I bought some luggage from there last year and thought the prices were reasonable...best of luck
Latest post on 24 July 2014 - 15:02
There's a good shop in Ibn Battuta, sorry I can't remember the name but it's just up from Geant passed a camera shop and it sells cases and handbags. On the left with Geant behind you.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY