New passport, UAE Visa | ExpatWoman.com

New passport, UAE Visa

Latest post on 02 August 2014 - 09:51
Thanks to everyone, it will be rubberbands instead of the staples. They were lucky to get them in, before the passport office strike....phew!
Latest post on 28 July 2014 - 20:58
If you staple them together you are likely to be told to separate them by immigration in some countries. Yes, this has happened to me.
Latest post on 28 July 2014 - 17:47
If you staple them together you are likely to be told to separate them by immigration in some countries.
Latest post on 28 July 2014 - 10:10
You can also have your old visa put in to your new passport for a small fee, done at Immigration.
Latest post on 28 July 2014 - 09:45
We were told if country wanted to scarab the current passport it would be a problem and it has happened to DH Wanted to what? Sorry I don't understand. Sorry trying to write with left hand on phone :( It should have said Scan the passport. Oh that's easy - you staple the back page of the old passport, to the front page of the new one. Back page with the chip in it of new passport is free and nothing messes with it.
Latest post on 27 July 2014 - 12:35
As previous posters have said - no need to transfer. The passport expiration does not invalidate the visa. Upon receiving the residence visa I asked on the spot what I should do once my passport expires (as it will expire about a year before the visa does). I was told to just present the old passport along with the new, whenever the visa is needed, and absolutely no need to transfer.
Latest post on 27 July 2014 - 11:30
I have never transferred visas and never had a problem. Just travelled with my DD new passport and just carried her old one as well. GE is correct in that stapling them together can cause problems. Rubber band or to be honest. not even bother..I just present both.
Latest post on 27 July 2014 - 11:30
We were told if country wanted to scarab the current passport it would be a problem and it has happened to DH Wanted to what? Sorry I don't understand. Sorry trying to write with left hand on phone :( It should have said Scan the passport.
Latest post on 27 July 2014 - 11:25
We were told if country wanted to scarab the current passport it would be a problem and it has happened to DH Wanted to what? Sorry I don't understand.
Latest post on 27 July 2014 - 11:22
We were told if country wanted to scarab the current passport it would be a problem and it has happened to DH
Latest post on 27 July 2014 - 11:20
Don't whatever you do staple them, just rubber band together. It costs to transfer the visa so not worth it. edited by Geordie expat on 27/07/2014 My passports are stapled together, never had any issues.
Latest post on 27 July 2014 - 11:08
I carried both my passports until the old visa expired & had no problems entering or leaving the UAE. When entering my destination, I only presented my new valid passport to avoid any confusion.
Latest post on 27 July 2014 - 11:08
Never ever been told that about the visa being not valid if in an expired passport and DH e-gate card never works! We were told never to use stapled though. DH has never had a problem with having two passports rubber banded together.
Latest post on 27 July 2014 - 11:00
Dear All, have a great Eid break first of all. I have just received my new UK passport and also my son's, I was wondering if it is mandatory to transfer the UAE residence visa to the new passport from the old passport, or can I just staple/rubber band the old and new together. Generally it will be accepted if you staple the old passport to the new one. However when DH's egate didn't work last year he was told at immigration that a visa must be in a valid passport to be valid. They let him through anyway. I think it depends on who you get at immigration.
Latest post on 27 July 2014 - 10:53
Don't whatever you do staple them, just rubber band together. It costs to transfer the visa so not worth it. <em>edited by Geordie expat on 27/07/2014</em>
Latest post on 27 July 2014 - 10:43
Dear All, have a great Eid break first of all. I have just received my new UK passport and also my son's, I was wondering if it is mandatory to transfer the UAE residence visa to the new passport from the old passport, or can I just staple/rubber band the old and new together.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY