Hotel pool access - day visit | ExpatWoman.com

Hotel pool access - day visit

Latest post on 29 July 2014 - 11:25

Hi ladies.
We have recently moved to JVC and have no pool.
Does anyone know of a hotel/club up this end of town that has a reasonable charge for using the pool? I know a lot of resorts do day rates but in the summer, with 2 young kids, we won't be there all day so don't feel the price is worth it. We just want a dip for an hour or so.
Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Latest post on 30 July 2014 - 11:10
There's a pool at the Reform Social in the lakes but i'm not sure if people who are there for lunch can use it. Last time i was there for brunch there were people swimming.
Latest post on 30 July 2014 - 11:05
Here's the link to the pricing and opening hours. http://www.hamdansc.com/swimming
Latest post on 30 July 2014 - 10:09
The Sheikh Hamdan complex is great if you purely want to swim as it has a fab Olympic size pool. I know every time we've been there they didn't allow children and you need a note from your doctor before you can use it. Do you know if they do monthly passes?
Latest post on 29 July 2014 - 19:45
Kids are not allowed to swim at Hamdan unless with a swim club. Polo club has three month memberships but I believe with negotiation they can do one month family membership. I think you can pay a daily rate there as well.
Latest post on 29 July 2014 - 15:50
The Sheikh Hamdan complex is great if you purely want to swim as it has a fab Olympic size pool. I know every time we've been there they didn't allow children and you need a note from your doctor before you can use it.
Latest post on 29 July 2014 - 15:27
It's not near you (though also not as far as you think!) but Mushrif Park and Mamzar Park both have public swimming pools @ 10 AED. There's also the Sheikh Hamdan Swimming Complex which is only about a 10 minute drive from you.
Latest post on 29 July 2014 - 12:49
There's Jumeirah Islands Club or the Polo Club near Arabian Ranches, although I'm not sure if they do a day pass.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY