Pet Import Permit | ExpatWoman.com

Pet Import Permit

Latest post on 06 August 2014 - 22:40

I will be moving to Riyadh at the end of August and will need a Pet Import Permit for my cat. I can arrange the other paperwork on my end, but have been told that the Import Permit must come from within Saudi Arabia. I contacted Move One and they told me that without an Iqama (which I won't have until I arrive in Riyadh) they can't issue the Permit. Does anyone have other advice? I will have the vet certificate, USDA certificate, and endorsement of the Dept. of State and Saudi Embassy. Is there a way to obtain the Permit once my Visa has been issued? Many thanks!

Latest post on 15 January 2016 - 11:12
I am researching options to bring our shihtzu with us to Dubai in August. All pets have to fly into the UAE as manifest cargo- so even though he may small and could fit under the seat in cabin- that is not an option.
Latest post on 22 June 2015 - 10:46
I would never ship my pets, I managed to keep them with me in the plane. Actually I had to take two cats with me but airplane companies always accept only one pet per person then if I couldn't find someone else to come with me then I would never leave without them.
Latest post on 21 March 2015 - 13:40
This is probably a very late reply. I hope you were able to send your cat without too much of a delay. Anyways for the future if anyone is in the same situation you could have your future place of employment handle the shipment. In my place of employment they have arranged for the import of dogs/cats/birds for several managerial staff that were recruited abroad.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY