Looking for a courier to deliver home made cakes from Dubai to other emirates | ExpatWoman.com

Looking for a courier to deliver home made cakes from Dubai to other emirates

Latest post on 11 August 2014 - 10:15

Hi,

I am looking for a well experienced courier company to be responsible to deliver some cakes i bake at home to other emirates withing 1-3 hours from picking up the cake, with respect how far that emirate will be from Dubai.

Any help/advice will be appreciated as i need them for long term.

Thanks,
Heba Ahmed Ali

Latest post on 14 February 2019 - 11:34
If you are looking for courier services to Dubai then you can check out ICC Worldwide as they have over 23 years of experience and have branches all over the world.
Latest post on 01 May 2018 - 15:38
Thank you very much Apricot, actually as a start I was not aware of all these loads of laws going around here and applied restrictively specially in Dubai, but after some searches here and there an...
Hello. Hope you are doing well and your business turned out really well for you. I came across this post while researching how to start a home-based baking business in Dubai. I want to go about it legally and would really appreciate some guidance in this respect. Also, could you please let me know about the business consultant company you had to hire for your business setup? I'd really appreciate all the help you can lend me in this regard.
Latest post on 07 September 2014 - 11:08
I'd say check with people who have a similar concept already in operation. One that comes to mind is Mama Kinwa, Home Bakery used to be one as well. Check out how they do/did it and see if that would suit you. @Observer1 : Whenever I need documents delivered, I use Parzel or a similar local courier. They cost around 20 aed and can do same and next day delivery.
Latest post on 03 September 2014 - 09:22
mrssak :D working on modifying the prices to AED!! Yet i have this newpy page :D on Instagram -- delicatendelicious
Latest post on 03 September 2014 - 09:16
Thank you very much Apricot, actually as a start I was not aware of all these loads of laws going around here and applied restrictively specially in Dubai, but after some searches here and there and asking around i ended up with a consulting company working on legalizing such processes to either have a 100% ownership of business of as you mentioned having an Emarati partner. Now I am calculating my budget and seeking for supplies info in order to decide which course i will step into! Appreciate it :)
Latest post on 03 September 2014 - 01:56
i sadly left in order to re-locate to Dubai with my small family respecting my spouse's business. I will be harsh and say that giving up your successful cake business "back home" is the personal sacrifice you have made in order to ensure the further success of your husband's business. There are plenty of Emiratis who are happy to be 50% partners on paper to expats for an annual fee. Maybe you should find one of them if you want to conduct your business legally, in a purpose-built kitchen outside of your personal home. The fines for discovery of illegal businesses are very steep, you may also be whisked off in an unmarked car to the nearest police station for some questioning followed by hours of waiting (while they decide what to do with you), and the record of your fine and questioning not only appears on your residence visa but also on that of your sponsor, ie your dear husband. All of this has happened to a close expat friend, who was held for several hours until the immigration authorities realized that the wanted person was another person with same name and nationality. Afterwards, it took more than a year for my friend to clear his name of the mistaken charge, during which time he was always held for questioning and waiting at the airport's immigration detention room as the authorities' computer system had a black mark next to his residence visa number. If you think that your gender as woman or status as mother of young children will gain leniency, there is a cautionary tale in the ExpatWoman archives of a Western expat mother who was breast-feeding her 2 month baby (no formula) yet she was held in an Abu Dhabi police station for nearly 2 days before her husband was allowed to take her home on bail. Be careful.
Latest post on 12 August 2014 - 08:52
Do u have a Facebook page tht I can check out? Good luck :)
Latest post on 11 August 2014 - 19:12
The client has to pick up, that is what other at home cake makers do.
Latest post on 11 August 2014 - 18:30
Tough one... even if we forget the legal illegal part as well. Courier companies providing pick and drop within 3-4 hours will cost u more than your cake price. I once used aramex for delivering my documents with a service called "bullet service". They picked and delivered docs within dubai in 1 nd a half and charged me 100 dhs. Try getting it licensed and hire one person for deliveries... I guess thats the only way to make it run...
Latest post on 11 August 2014 - 14:25
Hi. I don't know much about free zones but I know that there are several in the UAE. The free zones are for expats to run businesses and they don't need a local sponsor and I believe that the licensing fees are much less. Someone on the board should know more than me.... I understand that you can not run this kind of business through them......
Latest post on 11 August 2014 - 14:25
Thanx a million AnonDubai :)
Latest post on 11 August 2014 - 13:50
Hi. I don't know much about free zones but I know that there are several in the UAE. The free zones are for expats to run businesses and they don't need a local sponsor and I believe that the licensing fees are much less. Someone on the board should know more than me....
Latest post on 11 August 2014 - 11:23
I really appreciate your advises. I agree that it is important not to violate any rules here. I just thought i could continue through this as i am professional l and i used to run the same business for years and was successful to collect huge no. of loving clients in my country those i sadly left in order to re-locate to Dubai with my small family respecting my spouse's business. I am in a huge chock now and do not know what to do!!! I bit it is too costly to get even small place to run this kind of business legally!!! AnonDubai, do you have positive experience to share regarding that free zone? where to go? what should i do? where is that place? IzzyOnTheSeat, yes in some cases cakes need to be moved around in a refrigerating van. It was easy on me to manage hiring a part time driver in my country for special orders need a refrigerator. I was not have that intention to do those kind of bakes until i get a stable base of clients here, or in some critical cases i would do the delivery by myself to be sure nothing wrong will happen. on the other hand, i managed to get a mechanism to deliver the other types of cakes i do with respect to the heat around
Latest post on 11 August 2014 - 11:02
hmm i see now, thanks a lot dears however, i need to ask about that Entelaq license, is it only given for Emirati? as i am an expat can i apply as well? No - you have to be an Emiriati to have it. But seriously, needs to be refigerated in summer
Latest post on 11 August 2014 - 10:59
hmm i see now, thanks a lot dears however, i need to ask about that Entelaq license, is it only given for Emirati? as i am an expat can i apply as well? The Intilaq license is only for Emiratis. Expats are not allowed to operate businesses from home, but they can operate from free zones..
Latest post on 11 August 2014 - 10:57
hmm i see now, thanks a lot dears however, i need to ask about that Entelaq license, is it only given for Emirati? as i am an expat can i apply as well?
Latest post on 11 August 2014 - 10:45
thanks for contributing ladies! it will not be a problem as long as they will be delivered within 3 hours As I said, please be cautious. It is very easy to be delayed here, the drivers are not very time conscious even in the best of places and even if you say three hours, they think five would till be fine, and as has been said, you are running an illegal company. If you are Emirati and are operating on an Entalaq license though, then do forgive but make sure you pick someone with an impeccable track record as I have had cakes delivered late due to traffic delays.
Latest post on 11 August 2014 - 10:44
thanks for contributing ladies! it will not be a problem as long as they will be delivered within 3 hours I disagree - if these cakes have icing of any sort on them, they will not stand up to 3 hours of transportation in a van (terrible ac) in summer.
Latest post on 11 August 2014 - 10:42
Unless you are Emirati, you are not allowed to run a business from home...
Latest post on 11 August 2014 - 10:38
thanks for contributing ladies! it will not be a problem as long as they will be delivered within 3 hours
Latest post on 11 August 2014 - 10:25
woudl you not need a refigerated van, especailly in the summer. PS - this is illegal btw
Latest post on 11 August 2014 - 10:22
Be very cautious with who you chose. It is illegal to sell cakes from home here and if the courier takes too long, if bacteria develops in the cake, and the recipient eta sick, you could have a hue problem on your hands.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY