Cash check not covered, what can I do? | ExpatWoman.com

Cash check not covered, what can I do?

Latest post on 18 August 2014 - 16:21

I need your help. I was browsing the forum and also googled my question, but didn't find the right answer.
I stared working for a company 2 months ago. I got my first check on time, but now for my second salary (July's) they gave me a check dated on 20th August. Totally crazy, since salary for July should be by the end of the month and I didn't want to accept it on such a late date, but since they said they have a little bit of a money problem, I agreed that I will wait till 20th August. Now they called me, since I now mostly work from home, that check will not be covered on 20th, if I can wait some more time.
And this makes me really really angry. I have a sense that they are totally playing around!

Now I am just curious, I have a cash check, and if I go to the bank and cash it, but they don't have enough funds to cover the amount. What happens? Do the bank goes after them? Or where can I complain about them?

Let me just say that they still didn't issue my labor card, even though I gave them all required documents. And I started working on 1st of June.

Well, I guess I just need to look for a new job ASAP! :) Thanks for the help!

Latest post on 28 August 2014 - 21:45
I got my money yesterday - they paid in cash after threatening with police and court. So I am happy that I finally ended this episode of job drama and hopefully I will have better luck with my next job. Never thought that money could be problem here in Dubai. But I guess I was totally wrong.
Latest post on 26 August 2014 - 07:07
Have you filed a case against them?
Latest post on 25 August 2014 - 21:19
[b'> IzzyOnTheSeat[/b'> no, not anymore. Just gave them my resignation letter, since in the end of August my 3 months probation ends. And this is becoming too crazy and I don't want to have the same problems in the future. Although I think it will be the same for my August salary. [b'>pollydxb1[/b'> Thanks! Will definitely apply for the job.
Latest post on 24 August 2014 - 13:22
This may be of interest?:- http://www.bullhornreach.com/sites/Kingston-Stanley/job/1680008_community-manager-dubai-united-arab-emirates?utm_campaign=v1&utm_content=23&utm_source=linkedin.com&referer=www.linkedin.com&utm_medium=referral
Latest post on 24 August 2014 - 13:21
Are you still working for them?
Latest post on 24 August 2014 - 13:18
[b'> Saharagypsyrose[/b'> oh sorry, it's social media. Will try that link. Thank you! Will go to the bank today and try for the first time, since they are calling me everyday with the different date. I have enough. Thanks for all the help ladies.
Latest post on 23 August 2014 - 19:28
I think it takes 3 bounced cheques before anything is done. yep it was 3 times needs to be presented before anything can be done.
Latest post on 22 August 2014 - 21:55
I tried that link, didn't seem to be working for me either. It's www.glassdoor.com. I am sorry, could you tell me what SM stand for?
Latest post on 22 August 2014 - 19:01
[b'>Saharagypsyrose[/b'> I can't open the page, I would love to read though. Anything connected with SM, I am working as SM manager for the last few years. <em>edited by tjasha on 22/08/2014</em>
Latest post on 21 August 2014 - 20:26
Is there maybe any open thread about bad companies in Dubai? I don't want to be mean to this company, but I would love others to know how some are acting here in Dubai and be extra careful before dealing with them. I was told by a friend about this website: Some very interesting read. p/s: what kind of work are you looking for? edited by Saharagypsyrose on 21/08/2014
Latest post on 21 August 2014 - 18:13
Thank you [b'> IzzyOnTheSeat[/b'>! I thought that bank maybe takes away the check if it bounces back. Will try to go to the bank and see what will happen. And I am glad to hear that about the police. Is there maybe any open thread about bad companies in Dubai? I don't want to be mean to this company, but I would love others to know how some are acting here in Dubai and be extra careful before dealing with them.
Latest post on 21 August 2014 - 17:48
you need to cash the cheque three times before you can raise a case. the police are pretty fair here - a local guy hit my car years ago and he had no insurance - the police were really fair with me, made him take my car and get it fixed and when they thought he was pushing me too much told him in Arabic to behave and stop trying to bully me. You should also raise a case at MoL.
Latest post on 21 August 2014 - 17:34
Thank you so much girls. The company has now been calling me everyday and moving the date further on. It makes me crazy angry, since they are totally unprofessional. I started threatening them with the police and I guess I will really have to go and open the case. It just makes me so scary to have to deal with the police, only being here for 4 months. This company is run by Arab people and if there will be open case they can talk to the police in Arabic and who knows what they can come out with. I do not trust them about anything, since this is my first job here in the UAE and I already have problems.
Latest post on 19 August 2014 - 17:02
I think it takes 3 bounced cheques before anything is done.
Latest post on 19 August 2014 - 15:42
If you bank the check and it bounces they will contact you to let you know and I think you have to open a case against them to take the issue further otherwise the bank will do nothing. I'm not sure on how to do this but I guess it is through the police or courts.
Latest post on 18 August 2014 - 16:47
If there is no money in the account the cheque will bounce! I am not sure how tough they are on companies now and bounced cheques, as back in 2009 we had loads and the bank did nothing. But for you I would wait a few extra says, but be on their case constantly! As this is not how an employee should be treated - and like you say - start looking for a new job ASAP1 Good Luck

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY