Arrivals and immigration | ExpatWoman.com

Arrivals and immigration

Latest post on 29 August 2014 - 13:16

Just to let people know that I arrived in Terminal 3 today with two kids. Was sent to the Smart Desk ( at end past number 32). I kept saying I had no e gate card but they insisted I went.
Guy on immigration was lovely, took my photo then the kids and said that from now on I could use the automatic scanners to clear immigration.
Not quite sure what the new system is that they are implementing as I thought E gate cards cost and weren't available for children.
This cost nothing and is valid for the kids as well.
He did ask if I was UK citizen so maybe only available for certain passport holder but def worth walking past the rest of the queues to this desk...there was no queue either and means should be quick in future.

Latest post on 30 August 2014 - 18:44
Buddha, I did this a while back with arrivals but it never actually registered so the next time I went through I had to resort to the old skool method again, like you was SO excited about this. Hope you were/are more successful than I was :)
Latest post on 29 August 2014 - 20:12
Just to let people know that I arrived in Terminal 3 today with two kids. Was sent to the Smart Desk ( at end past number 32). I kept saying I had no e gate card but they insisted I went. Guy on immigration was lovely, took my photo then the kids and said that from now on I could use the automatic scanners to clear immigration. Not quite sure what the new system is that they are implementing as I thought E gate cards cost and weren't available for children. This cost nothing and is valid for the kids as well. He did ask if I was UK citizen so maybe only available for certain passport holder but def worth walking past the rest of the queues to this desk...there was no queue either and means should be quick in future. sounds like epassport, they have had it in auh for a year or so... but when i have tried to use it most times doesnt work. you have to register your passport and scan your eyes its free for anyone over 5. egate is a paid service like 200 and its only available for over 18s and you get a card and use your fingerprints... those are the differences.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY