toddler friendly brunch | ExpatWoman.com

toddler friendly brunch

Latest post on 02 September 2014 - 10:04

Morning, looking for a family friendly brunch - Mazina and Beachcombers seem to be mentioned quite a lot - can anyone recommend either or an alternative?

TIA

Latest post on 03 September 2014 - 10:11
I really enjoy the Marriott brunch in Diera, for the kids, however, do check with F&B if a table can be set up in the central area for you. The first time we went (Aug-13) it wasn't a problem, we had a table placed right there and it was fab being able to keep an eye on our kids. The subsequent times (Oct-13 & May-14) they said it would not be possible so we took a table in The Marketplace which is quite a way from the play area and not ideal if you have small ones who like to explore while your back is turned!!! The brunch is actually a combined affair of 3 restaurants; Bamboo Lagoon which is next to the play area but only some of the tables actually have a clear view of the kids - nice atmosphere in here with live music and Haka/hula dancing (the kids love it). Hofbrauhaus is always empty but do some nice German food items, the the all day dining rest' Marketplace which is fine if a bit soulless and has Enteratiner vouchers but set furthest away from the kids area. I think the table set up in the play area is possible if they are busy in one or both of the main restaurants as they use this as "overflow" seating, otherwise they don't promote the use of this space for diners or else their waiting staff get stretched a bit thin. Worth checking though as it's probably our favourite "just because" brunch with kids*. Lots of activities for them, loads of room to run around, biscuit decorating, bouncy castles, light and airy. Plus the staff there are pretty good at asking the bigger kids to calm down and not be so boisterous and hence keep control! (* it's great in summer months when it's too hot to go outside, it's very reasonably priced, especially with the Marketplace entertainer voucher and if my memory serves me correctly it's 12:30 - 16:00, This is great as a get together brunch that the kids will love and you won't feel like you've spent the kids college fund) I should also mention the kids' area is located in a central atrium area - not a separate function room or corner. It's perfect for the summer! Have fun K
Latest post on 03 September 2014 - 09:47
Thanks Ladies, done Ibn quite a lot so I'll look into the others
Latest post on 02 September 2014 - 14:32
Sofitel at JBR walk aswell
Latest post on 02 September 2014 - 14:11
I've heard Mazina is really good! And it is worth going there for the desserts alone! But Mistral at Ibn Battuta Gate is also recommended and where my friends go with their LOs.
Latest post on 02 September 2014 - 10:19
The Marriott in Deira is great for toddlers. You can request a table in the children's play area so you don't need to move to keep an eye on your little one. The Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel is also good, you can get a table next to the children's area too.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY