Transfer of maid's visa | ExpatWoman.com

Transfer of maid's visa

Latest post on 06 September 2014 - 23:08

Good evening all

Does anyone have experience of transferring a maid's sponsorship? I am considering hiring a maid sponsored by an expat family who are going back to their country of origin. Is it easier to cancel the current sponsorship and start again or is there the option of transferring? Any advantages of one over the other? Any idea how long the process takes?

How much can I expect to pay in fees? I have read some conflicting information about the residence visa fee.

Also, the maid is currently living with family while she waits for her visa to be cancelled/transferred. I assume she can't stay with me until the new visa is sorted?

Many thanks!
<em>edited by Siliconmum on 06/09/2014</em>

Latest post on 16 September 2014 - 08:34
Thanks Anon Dubai for your answer. I have found a maid (finally!) from Philippines, she's in Dubai on a visit visa. Would the same rules below apply to transfer her to our maid visa? Help appreciated, thanks! I don't know for sure but I don't think so...
Latest post on 15 September 2014 - 21:51
Thanks Anon Dubai for your answer. I have found a maid (finally!) from Philippines, she's in Dubai on a visit visa. Would the same rules below apply to transfer her to our maid visa? Help appreciated, thanks!
Latest post on 07 September 2014 - 23:12
Good to hear it was straightforward for you and thank you for the prompt reply!!
Latest post on 07 September 2014 - 23:11
Amazing - thank you, that's really helpful.
Latest post on 07 September 2014 - 12:18
Hi! To answer your questions: I did this back in January. There is no price difference between a transfer and a renewal. The process can be done in an hour. You and the sponsor need to go to the visa renewal place together to complete the procedure. Ask the sponsor to bring her passport, Emirates ID, and yellow Hepatitis B injection card so you can see her health card number. I am not exactly sure about the fees but I think that you are looking at paying around 8000 dirhams in cash to the visa renewal place. 2000 will be refundable. There are more fees but they will come later. Technically, the maid cannot start living with you until she is sponsored by you. You cannot bring a new Philippino domestic servant into the country but you can employ one who is already here. The fees depend on which emirate your visa is from. If you are in Dubai, I listed the approximate fees above.
Latest post on 07 September 2014 - 08:03
Sorry - I'm no help at all but also need some information. Think there is now a problem bringing a new Fillipina in to the country? But is it OK to employ someone already here - either from another family or someone on a tourist visa? Has anyone done it recently and what are the new fees? I'm reading that some people have been charged up to 14,000 dhs to process the visa? All information gratefully received thanks.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY