Latifa School for Girls | ExpatWoman.com

Latifa School for Girls

Latest post on 17 September 2014 - 13:06

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone here has had any experience with Latifa School for Girls?
I'm not a UAE National but I would love for DD to go there so she can learn Arabic, be in all girls environment and I've heard that academically it has a very high standard.

Latest post on 24 September 2014 - 13:21
The bullying there towards children that are not 100% Emirati is concerning. I know parents that have switched their daughters out for that and the excluding.
Latest post on 18 September 2014 - 17:42
Ok, then it wasn't meant to be. Just seems savvy to pursue subsidized education that your kids are eligible for ;)
Latest post on 18 September 2014 - 10:16
Anon, have you considered sending your daughters there? It would be a smart move, given that they would make friends with girls from the most influential families, helping them with future schooling, job possibilities, future spouse, etc. I believe the school follows British curriculum. I have a Russian-American friend (married to a local) whose daughter attends. Apricot, my daughter was not accepted there. I did not pursue it further...
Latest post on 17 September 2014 - 21:21
Anon, have you considered sending your daughters there? It would be a smart move, given that they would make friends with girls from the most influential families, helping them with future schooling, job possibilities, future spouse, etc. I believe the school follows British curriculum. I have a Russian-American friend (married to a local) whose daughter attends.
Latest post on 17 September 2014 - 14:05
They used to accept a few non locals per year but as competition grew for places it became strictly locals only. Any mixed ethnicity girls there have fathers who are local or at least have the passport. Any non arab girls are probably there due to their parents or fathers having high positions ie govt in Dubai. Also few girls there daughters of teachers as you mentioned
Latest post on 17 September 2014 - 13:14
When I went there, I saw a very blonde white girl that really could not have been a mixed-ethnicity child. She stuck out like a sore thumb there. I would think that you would need a lot of wasta to send your daughter there if she is not Emirati. I believe that they only take 45 new students per year.
Latest post on 17 September 2014 - 13:10
That's what I heard too :( 2 of my friends went there when we were in high school (this is 10 years ago) and they were not Emirati, they were sisters so perhaps their mom had been a teacher there... That's why I was wondering maybe they take a small percentage of non-Emirati students <em>edited by sourskittleashnut on 17/09/2014</em>
Latest post on 17 September 2014 - 13:08
It is an absolutely beautiful school but it is for UAE nationals only...

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY