On family visa, but want to work, process for work card? | ExpatWoman.com

On family visa, but want to work, process for work card?

Latest post on 17 September 2014 - 13:27

Hi everyone, does anyone know what the rules and processes are for getting a work card while staying under your husband's sponsorship? I know it costs like 200qr and I have to fill something out? Tried google and couldn't seem to come up with anything. Also, does this go for ALL jobs? The position I am looking at is actually with a company based in the UAE and they are expanding into Qatar. Would this apply? TIA!

Latest post on 20 September 2014 - 23:03
Hi everyone, does anyone know what the rules and processes are for getting a work card while staying under your husband's sponsorship? I know it costs like 200qr and I have to fill something out? Tried google and couldn't seem to come up with anything. Also, does this go for ALL jobs? The position I am looking at is actually with a company based in the UAE and they are expanding into Qatar. Would this apply? TIA! The employer applies for the labour card on behalf of the employee. It requires a lot of paper work from your home country (diplomas, police clearances) that must be certified and attested in your home country, and the Qatar embassy in your home country.
Latest post on 18 September 2014 - 10:21
Hi, it might be the easiest to ask your potential employer. I am not an expert but understand, even if you are under your husbands sponsorship, you need a work visa of your own if you want to work in Qatar. How is this company expanding into Qatar? What sort of contract are you going to get? Will it be part or full-time? I might be wrong, but if this UAE company wants to 'expand into Qatar' they most likely need a Qatari sponsor. Ask him. Good luck, lostlumme
Latest post on 18 September 2014 - 09:48
All jobs except for companies registered in the QFC to my knowledge although it may not apply to QF or QSTP entities.