Residency visa for shipping? | ExpatWoman.com

Residency visa for shipping?

Latest post on 20 September 2014 - 20:53
it should be able to be shipped but theyw ill not pass it at port until a visa can be shown, so then you would incur big storage costs.
Latest post on 20 September 2014 - 10:03
I think a letter from DH's HR assuring them visa is under process and will be finalised by the time it reaches port (they can even enclose copies of whatever bits they have started visa process with) will sort it out.
Latest post on 20 September 2014 - 09:51
Ok, so it can leave the UK it just can't leave the port in the UAE until the visa is in place? Because that wouldn't be a problem, we will have our residency visa by the time it gets here. The problem is they're saying it can't leave the UK! :(
Latest post on 20 September 2014 - 09:13
I used to work for Crown Relocations and before that Allied Pickfords and we often customs cleared and delivered household shipments before the residence visa was finished. I think it used to be allowed but I believe now the visa has to be in place before it is released from port.
Latest post on 20 September 2014 - 09:10
It is possible to customs clear your effects in Dubai with a letter from your employer stating the visa is under process. Try finding out which agent your shipping company is using at the Dubai end and give them a call directly to clarify. If you can get it in writing from them and then provide to the origin company they should start the shipping process for you. I used to work for Crown Relocations and before that Allied Pickfords and we often customs cleared and delivered household shipments before the residence visa was finished.
Latest post on 20 September 2014 - 09:01
Thanks TB, that's what I thought. We have to wait til Monday now as the Relocation company is based in Prague (silly) but hopefully we can get it sorted. Otherwise it'll be patio furniture and sleeping bags! (lol)
Latest post on 20 September 2014 - 08:54
Your shipping shouldn't clear the port in UAE without DH's visa, but it should be able to leave now. If required you could get your DH's HR Dept to provide a letter confirming employment & that his visa is under process, that should help. <em>edited by Tattie Bogle on 20/09/2014</em>
Latest post on 20 September 2014 - 08:52
We have been in Dubai for two weeks now, our relocation company have just told us that all of our stuff (furniture etc) is still in the UK as they can't ship it until we have our residency visa. Is this true?? Residency visa is still in progress, could be another two weeks to get my husbands back then apply for myself and the children. Then they said it will take 8-10 weeks from then? We have to move out of the hotel at the start of October and into a villa, seems we will have to live without furniture for up to two months? Has this happened to anyone else or are they making this up? <em>edited by schm25 on 20/09/2014</em>

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY