Another eviction question | ExpatWoman.com

Another eviction question

Latest post on 20 September 2014 - 20:09

I received my eviction notice at the real estate agency when I was renewing my contract - it was not notarised, nor was it delivered by a registered postal service. On the letter it said that she wanted the property for personal use, which I very much doubt as she is not a resident of the UAE. Do you think I have any chance challenging this, just because notice was not delivered correctly.

TIA

Latest post on 21 September 2014 - 11:04
There was something in the press in the last couple of weeks from the Rental Committee asking that anyone receiving an eviction notice should bring it to them to be reviewed, as they are fed up with the rental laws being ignored by landlords. Can't remember exactly where I heard it but I'd definitely check with them. FFx
Latest post on 21 September 2014 - 09:31
I received my eviction notice at the real estate agency when I was renewing my contract - it was not notarised, nor was it delivered by a registered postal service. On the letter it said that she wanted the property for personal use, which I very much doubt as she is not a resident of the UAE. Do you think I have any chance challenging this, just because notice was not delivered correctly. TIA This is a very grey area as it says in the laws it is has to be notary public however I know of some tenants that were just sent emails and the RC accepted this.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY