Dubai Municipality Affection Plan? What are Emaar and Dubai Municipality wanting now? | ExpatWoman.com

Dubai Municipality Affection Plan? What are Emaar and Dubai Municipality wanting now?

Latest post on 21 September 2014 - 10:07

We have just been informed by Emaar that we need to go to Dubai Municipality to obtain a "Dubai Municipality Affection Plan" in order for Emaar to get a "Building Permit and Building Completion Certificate" for our property.

But we have lived in our villa for 10 years. Surely the building is complete by now?

We have the title deeds in our name.

Why do we 'suddenly' need this?

Has anyone else received this e-mail from emaar? What do you intend to do?

Thanks in advance

What about all of the other property owners, there must be millions of them, living all over the world by now. Will everyone have to do this now? What for?

Latest post on 22 September 2014 - 05:37
Shell I forgot to also say that I spoke to the Land Dept and it was them who told me to get it from the developer. It is basically a plot plan showing where your property is.
Latest post on 21 September 2014 - 21:32
Affection ?? awww :)
Latest post on 21 September 2014 - 21:03
try a google as this seems to come up re the Ejari?
Latest post on 21 September 2014 - 19:13
Hi ShellAR, I had to get one of these recently, however I got it from the developer and not from the Municipality. The developer did try to suggest I get it elsewhere but when I insisted they had it, they sent me it by email ten minutes later. I needed it for something quite specific so I am not sure why you are being asked for it. Not sure that has been much help?!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY