Lipstick Shades | ExpatWoman.com

Lipstick Shades

Latest post on 21 September 2014 - 13:37

Could you please suggest lipstick shades for brown skin. And if you could also mention their names or numbers in brands like deborah, max factor etc. Not very high end brands. Thanks.

Latest post on 27 September 2014 - 21:50
I find Boots has some great shades for every skin color and so much easier on the wallet than shopping at the high-end retail outlets like Paris Gallery for example.
Latest post on 27 September 2014 - 01:14
I HIGHLY recommend the brand "Sleek". I don't think you can buy it here but it is available online and in superdrug in the UK. Very affordable and very pigmented colours for eyes and lips and it is purposely designed for a range of skin tones You can buy Sleek in the UAE through sellers on Instagram. There's a user named #hanoooodyzreviews who buys makeup, then reviews it and tells you which Instagram seller she bought it from. Her MAC foundation shade is NC42. Be aware! I have purchase some very good fake on Instagram and Ebay.. :( (but I do not know hanoooodyzreviews I cannot tell anything about her)
Latest post on 25 September 2014 - 17:37
I HIGHLY recommend the brand "Sleek". I don't think you can buy it here but it is available online and in superdrug in the UK. Very affordable and very pigmented colours for eyes and lips and it is purposely designed for a range of skin tones You can buy Sleek in the UAE through sellers on Instagram. There's a user named #hanoooodyzreviews who buys makeup, then reviews it and tells you which Instagram seller she bought it from. Her MAC foundation shade is NC42.
Latest post on 24 September 2014 - 12:33
Lifestyle sale ends on sept 27th. NYX has really nice lipstick/lipgloss shades. I'm Pakistani, me and my mom too really like their lipstick shades. There's a shade called Tea Rose which is a beautiful dark pink shade
Latest post on 22 September 2014 - 05:26
The only thing about ordering online is you couldn't try it first.... But I definitely agree sleek is awesome, I've tried many lip shades too dark for me so they definitely do some for everyone. They have lipstick, lip paint, and lip palettes. personally I find illamasqua lipsticks way too drying, and the ones from the glamore- satin ranges are pretty light toned or for a nude lip type. Inglot actually has lipsticks that come in something like an eyeshadow pan, where you use a brush with them. The great thing about that is, you can mix them however you want. They have some really nice ones.
Latest post on 22 September 2014 - 02:46
I HIGHLY recommend the brand "Sleek". I don't think you can buy it here but it is available online and in superdrug in the UK. Very affordable and very pigmented colours for eyes and lips and it is purposely designed for a range of skin tones Try also - Illamasqua Inglot Revlon (their 'matt velvet' lipsticks are good) Gosh (boots)
Latest post on 22 September 2014 - 02:20
NYX is a good brand for lipstick and very affordable. I find their quality and colour pigment to be the same as MAC and its half the price of MAC. Lifestyle shops sell it.
Latest post on 21 September 2014 - 20:26
Thank you lovely ladies for all your beneficial suggestions. Will surely check them out. When I was hunting for foundation, the MAC lady was the only one who gave me the best shade that matched my dark brown skin tone. The other brand that was recommended to me was just a waste of money. I looked so weird in it. Yes, lipstick shades like Plum, Wine, Cinnamon suit me. So was wondering if there are other blended shades that I can try. Few more days till the sale at lifestyle ends so will check them out. Thank you once again.
Latest post on 21 September 2014 - 17:39
I'm Caucasian but if you know your shade in mac, You can probably find more lipsticks than you have use for, a lot of people post based on their mac shade... If you go into a Mac store you can ask them to find your foundation shade, they'll match your skin tone and you can maybe find lipsticks you like..mac is so popular everywhere, and if you do find a few you like you can then search for less expensive "dupes"
Latest post on 21 September 2014 - 17:14
Try searching Sara Hassan's blog that's the name if that's not allowed sorry but she has darker skin and always lists the prices. Bobbi brown is too expensive for what it is, it's not budget friendly. The brands here that are ok and easy to find are rimmel and maybelline. Debenhams carries the bassam fattouh line and their lipsticks are awesome, I think they're like 120 Dhs though. If it's a super tight budget, I've bought from mikyajy they have 5 for 50 Dhs! I bought because they have fun names but actually the lipsticks aren't that bad... Ana Hilwa is the brand name and I have two shades that are pretty , berry type shades- al ahsa and Khobar.
Latest post on 21 September 2014 - 16:55
Bobbi Brown is generally pretty good with make up advice and they will try out different looks on you.
Latest post on 21 September 2014 - 16:53
Have you tried doing a google search for "pakistani makeup blog" or "indian makeup blog"? there are some helpful blogs with budget options.
Latest post on 21 September 2014 - 14:21
Could you please suggest lipstick shades for brown skin. And if you could also mention their names or numbers in brands like deborah, max factor etc. Not very high end brands. Thanks. Why don't you pop into Debenhams and see which shades suit you as every skin tone is different be it brown, white, pale, red etc. They have Max Factor, Rimmel, Maybelline and are all good prices. I suit most colours and have quite pale, prone to reddish skin. It all depends on your foundation, eyeshadow etc.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY