Schengen Visa | ExpatWoman.com

Schengen Visa

Latest post on 22 September 2014 - 07:53

Hi all,

We applied for our schengen visa and got it within 2 days. We had applied for short stay i.e. less than 90 days as our hotel booking is only for 7 nights. But my understanding was that we will be given a visa for full 90 days starting from the somewhere nearby date of our journey and ending within 90 days, so that if we wanted we could have made another trip to an European country within that 3 months period. But we were given only 1 month visa starting just 2 days before our journey date. I have few questions regarding this and please if anybody can help me, I would really appreciate it.

Can we someway extend this visa after its 1 month validity is gone in Qatar (the reason can be we could not go at all to EU because of some reason or after going and coming back once, we want to travel again within 3 months time because we have paid the visa fees for 90 days stay)??

If we are showing hotel reservation only for a week, could we still apply for long stay visa i.e. for more than 90 days, by paying the long stay visa fees (reason being we would like to travel again in future without going through the process of applying the visas again??

If we have applied for say Italy (I know schengen visa is for the whole EU, but mentioned that port of entry will be Italy), then after getting the visa can we cancel Italy completely and go to France and Germany and comeback.

I know many of you guys may not need schengen visa to EU, so may not know its limitations or regulations but please if anybody has any idea about the above questions then please help me.

Thanks.

Latest post on 10 October 2014 - 21:14
Hi, as far as my experience, they are pretty strict with schengen visa, usually you are given only the length of your booking accommodation is. So if you book for only 3 days then you are given only three days. You said you were given a month, you should check if it is the duration of stay or not and whether it is multiple entry or not. Sometimes they give 7 days stay which valid in a month, which means that you can only stay max 7 days in a month period, not a full month stay. The 90 days visa usually only for family visit, as far as I know. And as soon as your visa expires, there is no extension, you can only re-apply. For the changing of point of entry, I knew people who have done it and I've done it myself, so far I have not heard any problem about it. Hope that helps and not too late.
Latest post on 22 September 2014 - 08:53
I spoke about the problem of Schengen visa some days ago with a person that needed it for going to a conference in Europe and that has seen his request denied. So you might have been lucky to have your visa for one month :-)