Paleo ready, steady, cook.... | ExpatWoman.com

Paleo ready, steady, cook....

Latest post on 23 September 2014 - 13:37

SO i have:

Proteins: ribeye, lamp chops, veal chops and some sea bream as well as cooked raost chicken

Veg: Cauli, arabic chard, green beans, okra, onion, carrot, garlic

Fruit: Apple, pomegranite, pear, lemons, raspberries

Herbs: Corriander, parsley, zataar, mint, rosemary

Any ideas for something that takes 30 mins or less to prepare and cook...

Latest post on 13 October 2014 - 20:22
What's PnS?
Latest post on 13 October 2014 - 19:51
Just seen this recipe, it looks really good. Has anyone made anything similar? Might give it a go later in the week when I make my next batch of almond milk. http://www.kirawestwick.com.au/pumpkin-paleo-bread#sthash.has9RD73.dpbs Nope but please let us know if it's yummy!
Latest post on 13 October 2014 - 19:50
I've been buying all my meat from PnS - it looks so much better and is SO much cheaper. Really need to find a cheap, organic grass fed, free as a bird - egg supplier! As I am living on SO many eggs! Polly the eggs at Greenheart are good, they are organic, free range and vegetarian, (probably not quite grass fed though!!). They are also really small compared to shop bought eggs, which I think is a good sign! Thanks, where is greenheart though? ;)
Latest post on 13 October 2014 - 16:51
I've been buying all my meat from PnS - it looks so much better and is SO much cheaper. Really need to find a cheap, organic grass fed, free as a bird - egg supplier! As I am living on SO many eggs! Polly the eggs at Greenheart are good, they are organic, free range and vegetarian, (probably not quite grass fed though!!). They are also really small compared to shop bought eggs, which I think is a good sign!
Latest post on 13 October 2014 - 16:43
Just seen this recipe, it looks really good. Has anyone made anything similar? Might give it a go later in the week when I make my next batch of almond milk. http://www.kirawestwick.com.au/pumpkin-paleo-bread#sthash.has9RD73.dpbs
Latest post on 12 October 2014 - 13:50
I've been buying all my meat from PnS - it looks so much better and is SO much cheaper. Really need to find a cheap, organic grass fed, free as a bird - egg supplier! As I am living on SO many eggs!
Latest post on 12 October 2014 - 13:37
have you been getting grass fed meat? Been getting from Prime butcher.. Also been getting all my veg from greenheart and they have been a bit lean in the last few weeks so finding htat a bit tough... Izzy, you're probably aware but just in case: all NZ beef is grass-fed, clearly labelled and available from Spinneys, maybe a tad cheaper than Prime? And cauli rice and cauli mash with lashing of (grass fed) butter is what keeps me going ;) I would rather get from Prime gourmet - its near my house and i trust it more than spinneys - i can order what i want and they will even make up special orders for me - and the staff don't look / act dumb.
Latest post on 12 October 2014 - 13:18
have you been getting grass fed meat? Been getting from Prime butcher.. Also been getting all my veg from greenheart and they have been a bit lean in the last few weeks so finding htat a bit tough... Izzy, you're probably aware but just in case: all NZ beef is grass-fed, clearly labelled and available from Spinneys, maybe a tad cheaper than Prime? And cauli rice and cauli mash with lashing of (grass fed) butter is what keeps me going ;)
Latest post on 12 October 2014 - 13:08
I add it anyway -= life without butter is not a life i want to live .... a dash of truffle oil is nice too ;) <em>edited by IzzyOnTheSeat on 12/10/2014</em>
Latest post on 12 October 2014 - 13:07
me, the lasst weekend was naughty..... will start again tomorrow but once you get into it, its pretty easy. My favourite new discovery is cauli mash - almost fools you into thinking it's mashed potatoes. Tastes much better if cooked in water rather than milk. I love mashed cauli. Shame you cant add lots of butter though
Latest post on 12 October 2014 - 12:53
have you been getting grass fed meat? Been getting from Prime butcher.. Also been getting all my veg from greenheart and they have been a bit lean in the last few weeks so finding htat a bit tough...
Latest post on 12 October 2014 - 12:51
I've been doing pretty well, but just paleo (allowing myself some milk) but I have lost weight and I am enjoying it - definitely a lifestyle change
Latest post on 12 October 2014 - 12:14
me, the lasst weekend was naughty..... will start again tomorrow but once you get into it, its pretty easy. My favourite new discovery is cauli mash - almost fools you into thinking it's mashed potatoes. Tastes much better if cooked in water rather than milk.
Latest post on 12 October 2014 - 11:54
How's the Whole 30 going?
Latest post on 24 September 2014 - 13:10
In the end i did Veal chops marinated with zataar and garlic - chargrilled with Roasted Cauliflower. I tossed it in EVOO and parsley leaves before roasting so the parsley would go crispy.
Latest post on 24 September 2014 - 13:04
Yes, more favourite paleo recipes please! Also for very easy, low effort paleo cooking, there are two recipe books which you can buy as books or ebooks, "Well Fed" and "Well Fed 2". The food is interesting enough to keep you going, and very very easy if you are time pressed. (does require prep in advance though in order to keep it easy) oh and poached pears with rosemary for your dessert Izzy :)
Latest post on 23 September 2014 - 16:39
Yum. Thanks sabrina123, recipe triumph.
Latest post on 23 September 2014 - 16:10
LOVE this recipe for roast cauliflower http://www.vegetariantimes.com/recipe/roasted-cauliflower-in-lemon-tahini-sauce/ That sounds delicious! Halfway through making it now.
Latest post on 23 September 2014 - 14:52
LOVE this recipe for roast cauliflower http://www.vegetariantimes.com/recipe/roasted-cauliflower-in-lemon-tahini-sauce/
Latest post on 23 September 2014 - 14:29
ooh roast cauliflower... And the curry sounds awesome but as i turn into a red sweaty blob with korma, i may have to add coconut milk to it ;)
Latest post on 23 September 2014 - 14:26
Rosemary marinated lamb chops with garlic and mint green beans Lemon and coriander marinated sea bream, roasted cauliflower topped with tahini and pomegrante Chicken with curried okra (fry off onions, garlic, madras curry powder, pinch of garam masala and then add okra, cook and cover for 10 minutes, add a chopped tomato and cook for another 10 minutes and top with coriander)

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY