Where To Go For A Quick No Fuss Wedding | ExpatWoman.com

Where To Go For A Quick No Fuss Wedding

Latest post on 28 September 2014 - 14:46

Any ideas on where a couple who want to get married without any fuss etc can tie the knot - something like a Las Vegas style chapel wedding?? Sri Lanka? Maldives?

Latest post on 30 September 2014 - 19:02
Britgirlindubai: Thankyou for the contact details - have passed them on.
Latest post on 29 September 2014 - 21:51
Hi Jasmine57 Sent you the email address
Latest post on 29 September 2014 - 19:25
Britgirldubai: Cyprus looks interesting - grateful please if you could email details to pridff at yahoo dot com. Thankyou.
Latest post on 29 September 2014 - 09:44
Zanzibar is a gorgeous place for a wedding and there are a number of options - old ruins, beach, sandbank, hotel etc and you could then fit in a honeymoon either on the island or safari on the mainland. Our wedding was booked with Weddings on Zanzibar http://zanzibarweddings.com/ and it was perfect (well apart from the now ex husband lol). Sjani is the wedding planner and is fabulous. It's easy to get the wedding cert attested - got ours done through the Tanzanian embassy in AD. Hope this helps.
Latest post on 28 September 2014 - 20:10
Gretna Green in Scotland. We got married there and it was wonderful. Minimal paperwork needs to be sent three weeks in advance. The staff at the Gretna Green registry office are incredibly helpful. Hotels in Gretna are a bit touristy but we found a beautiful lodge just outside Carlisle and had our little celebration there. People have been eloping to Gretna Green for centuries so it feels very romantic and Jane Austen-y! We also considered Gibraltar but are very glad we chose Gretna. Friends of ours also asked our advice, and got married there, and were delighted. (It's a centuries-old law that allows you to get married in Gretna without the usual residency requirements, posting banns, etc.) I think this is important: We wanted our marriage certificate to be British, hence Scotland, and Gibraltar would have been fine too. Living in Dubai with all the red tape, etc, it has proved to be a wise choice to get married somewhere with proper procedural links to the UAE: attestations can be done as a matter of course. Even so, it's still a hassle to get your marriage cert attested here. I shudder to think what we'd have had to go through if we'd had to deal with Thailand, for example.
Latest post on 28 September 2014 - 18:24
We went to Cyprus, was really easy & hassle free. I'm English & DH is from USA. Our best friends had done it there the month before us (Dutch & Canadian) and we used the same british 2 ladies they had used, who arrange everything. We had looked into Vegas too as it seemed so complicated anywhere else & you can't post notice of marriage here for a uk one so you need to be there for several weeks. I had to go to the law office in Cyprus & swear I wasn't married already and they gave me a certificate. DH did it at USA consulate/embassy here in Dubai before leaving. In Cyprus the next day we went to the town hall for the civil service. We could have done it in the hotel, but we chose the cute town hall. Our friends did it in the hotel as they had quite a few family/friends come over for it. It's recognised everywhere, which was really important to me. Let me know if you want the email address. Good luck & congratulations!!
Latest post on 28 September 2014 - 16:35
Thailand for how cheap it is there
Latest post on 28 September 2014 - 16:11
Any ideas on where a couple who want to get married without any fuss etc can tie the knot - something like a Las Vegas style chapel wedding?? Sri Lanka? Maldives? I had one here ...
Latest post on 28 September 2014 - 15:49
One place is Cyprus - possibly the easiest one to do and very close to here. Seychelles is another area which is easy to fly to and get married. I don't think that you can get married in Maldives, I believe they do blessings only. You can get married in Mauritius but trying to get the wedding certificate attested afterwards is quite difficult as there is no UAE Embassy in Mauritius.
Latest post on 28 September 2014 - 15:30
Most holiday resorts will have a marriage and venues available, as long as you have all the correct documents. most of them for a fee can arrange a wedding for you. fuss free. But make sure you the resort/hotel is registered licence holder, so the marriage is officially recognized anywhere, for example a nikah is not recognized in a British court.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY