little hint for a cleaner world :-) | ExpatWoman.com

little hint for a cleaner world :-)

Latest post on 02 October 2014 - 15:49
dear all, Since I am in Doha I am very concerned about the environmental situation of this city. There is little that we can do, but still I am trying to do the following, and want to share it with you for suggestions and improvement: - reduce waste production: Especially plastics: A) I go to the supermarket with my bags and reuse them many many times. I also have some cloth bags. Also big IKEA plastic bags can be used. B) we bought a little pump to be used with the big reusable 5 gallons bottles of water. We bought 5 glass bottles, we fill them and put them in the fridge. It is possible to have the refill of the 5 gallons bottle delivered straight at home by many companies. Otherwise you can take it at the supermarket, bringing back the empty one. an Al Rayyan refill costs 7 QR for 5 gallons!! - very little. Otherwise it is possible to buy the water dispenser which also refrigerates water. - Reduce water consumption: Unbelievable, Doha is the town with the higher water consumption in the world!! We are aware and try to use as lees as possible, but our maid used a lot of water. She worked with an arab family before, who did not care at all. We taught her how to save water. - reduce air pollution and traffic: we found a way to car pool to / from school and to / from work and you, any suggestions? maybe if we share suggestions we can do something!! Have a nice Eid Holiday Eleonor