Best Evening out in Dubai? | ExpatWoman.com

Best Evening out in Dubai?

Latest post on 18 October 2014 - 14:39

Hello All! We have friends visiting and we really do not get out much. Any suggestions for the best evening out with friends? Music, food...fun night? It is a birthday celebration as well...

Latest post on 20 October 2014 - 10:46
Jambase is closed as is Trilogy ( Rooftop) it is going to be a new "Ibiza superclub" Pacha Ibiza - opens in November - http://pacha.ae/
Latest post on 20 October 2014 - 09:18
Jambase is closed as is Trilogy ( Rooftop) it is going to be a new "Ibiza superclub"
Latest post on 20 October 2014 - 00:22
The last time I heard that Jambase was closed for good not sure if it has reopened? Please give us an update on your night out as it sounds like just what I need
Latest post on 19 October 2014 - 21:41
Hi - thanks so much for your comments. I called Act today and am thinking this one and also had a suggestion of JamBase at Madinat which could be great too. No fountains for us...they are not tourists, they lived here for years but we all need a good night out :)
Latest post on 19 October 2014 - 10:40
How about somewhere for a meal with a view of the fountains at souk al bahar and then into one of the bars for a few drinks and dancing? You can use entertainer vouchers for rivington grill and meat co which will bring the cost down.
Latest post on 19 October 2014 - 10:35
Hello All! We have friends visiting and we really do not get out much. Any suggestions for the best evening out with friends? Music, food...fun night? It is a birthday celebration as well... I'd have to suggest Societe for the music part (clubbing) - esp if you love 80s and 90s music! <em>edited by pollydxb1 on 19/10/2014</em>
Latest post on 19 October 2014 - 09:39
Now that it is a little cooler in the evenings, The Village Terrace at Meridien Dubai near the airport is a lovely outdoor setting. Very good buffet, all drinks included and a reasonable price. There is also a band but it is not intrusive. Depending on how many will be in your party, you could book a car/mini bus each way with Careem. Rosso at Amwaj Rotana on the Walk has a nice terrace with music, they serve food and have a happy hour. However, by the time you pay separately for things I think you would be approaching what it would cost to go to the Music Hall. There is an evening brunch in Mistral at Ibn Batuta Gate but we weren't impressed with the food the last time we were there. Have a look on Cobone, Yallabanana, Entertainer site, etc. to see what offers there are. Time Out will also have a listing for evening brunches, etc. There are also plenty of bars that serve food and have music, e.g. Barasti.
Latest post on 19 October 2014 - 08:22
How about an evening brunch somewhere nice? At least you can get unlimited food and alcoholic drinks under one package. Sorry I can't recommend anywhere, I haven't been but friends that have gone in large groups have had a good time.
Latest post on 18 October 2014 - 22:10
Yes, it used to be called Supper Club, now Music Hall and my daughter definitely went there last night. If you want to keep the cost down maybe think about going somewhere where you can use some Entertainer vouchers, e.g. Flavours on 2 at the Towers Rotana or La Parrilla at the Jumeriah Beach Hotel as they have tango dancers performing (except Sunday). <em>edited by amelia on 18/10/2014</em>
Latest post on 18 October 2014 - 21:49
Well I just called Music Hall and it is 450 min spend on drinks only per person...so 900 per couple and that would be a bit presumptuous that all our friends would be ok to spend that sort of money... I guess I need a more economical option :)
Latest post on 18 October 2014 - 20:52
Hi! Thanks for your emails. I heard supper club closed down. Is Music Hall the same place or thing? I am confused as I cannot get through on any number and Zabeel Saray says that it is gone but your friend went last night? Thanks so much for your suggestion, this is the sort of fun night we want but I do need to book so needed some ideas. I have also heard Zuma is fun but I would prefer this side of town...
Latest post on 18 October 2014 - 17:27
Amelia I think you may mean Music Hall at Zabeel Saray? I had my 'batchelorette' there and it really was one of the best ever Dubai nights. You can sit restaurant style & have a proper meal, whilst there are great performers on the stage (variety of nationalities & styles), and a 'disco' feel in between and DJ after about 1.30am. Most people got up and had a dance at some point, and there was quite a broad age range from the early 20s group to the grandparents. Highly recommend it! <em>edited by Britgirldubai on 18/10/2014</em>
Latest post on 18 October 2014 - 16:44
DD and friends went to the Supper Club at the Zabeel Saray last night and she said it was a fantastic evening, one of the best nights out she had had in Dubai and she's been here eight years. Great cabaret and atmosphere with people singing and dancing but it doesn't start until quite late and finishes around four in the morning. Apparently, if you get there early enough, there are two bars with seating that overlook the stage but they had booked a table in the main area. Obviously it depends on how much you drink as to how much it will cost but there is a minimum spend of 450 each.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY