New Year Holiday | ExpatWoman.com

New Year Holiday

Latest post on 21 October 2014 - 12:07

DH has been given Sunday off, he's in DIFC.

Latest post on 21 October 2014 - 16:51
So is Sunday off or not? NO Well that's rubbish! I don't think many people are getting the Sunday off. Government included
Latest post on 21 October 2014 - 16:50
So is Sunday off or not? NO Well that's rubbish!
Latest post on 21 October 2014 - 16:48
So is Sunday off or not? NO
Latest post on 21 October 2014 - 16:37
So is Sunday off or not?
Latest post on 21 October 2014 - 14:26
Anyway, they say it should be a fully paid holiday, so if I dont work on a Saturday doesnt that mean that I should get that holiday, either paid (over and above) or added to my leave bank? Or is this now treated like public sector workers if you dont usually work on a Saturday? So much simpler to have the same rules for everyone, same holidays for everyone and the same weekend for everyone (with the exception of some industries who have to work weekends (Friday and Saturday) of course!) I saw that too - and have no clue what it means? Anyone ..... Our wages cover the entire month even though we are off on Fri/sat Several firm do this therefore we are already getting paid ( If that makes sense) many industries aside from retail/hospitality work on a Saturday not all of the private sector get it off anymore Thanks x
Latest post on 21 October 2014 - 13:35
Anyway, they say it should be a fully paid holiday, so if I dont work on a Saturday doesnt that mean that I should get that holiday, either paid (over and above) or added to my leave bank? Or is this now treated like public sector workers if you dont usually work on a Saturday? So much simpler to have the same rules for everyone, same holidays for everyone and the same weekend for everyone (with the exception of some industries who have to work weekends (Friday and Saturday) of course!) I saw that too - and have no clue what it means? Anyone ..... Our wages cover the entire month even though we are off on Fri/sat Several firm do this therefore we are already getting paid ( If that makes sense) many industries aside from retail/hospitality work on a Saturday not all of the private sector get it off anymore
Latest post on 21 October 2014 - 13:32
Anyway, they say it should be a fully paid holiday, so if I dont work on a Saturday doesnt that mean that I should get that holiday, either paid (over and above) or added to my leave bank? Or is this now treated like public sector workers if you dont usually work on a Saturday? So much simpler to have the same rules for everyone, same holidays for everyone and the same weekend for everyone (with the exception of some industries who have to work weekends (Friday and Saturday) of course!) I saw that too - and have no clue what it means? Anyone .....
Latest post on 21 October 2014 - 13:23
They have said this on the assumption that private sector employees works on a Saturday. They always do that although the majority has not done so in many years! Anyway, they say it should be a fully paid holiday, so if I dont work on a Saturday doesnt that mean that I should get that holiday, either paid (over and above) or added to my leave bank? Or is this now treated like public sector workers if you dont usually work on a Saturday? So much simpler to have the same rules for everyone, same holidays for everyone and the same weekend for everyone (with the exception of some industries who have to work weekends (Friday and Saturday) of course!)
Latest post on 21 October 2014 - 13:10
yes - i know but i had planned for it already..... those chickens had already hatched :(
Latest post on 21 October 2014 - 12:25
DH has been given Sunday off, he's in DIFC. Luckey bugg3r.... we have to work :( You get more than us at other times of the year though ;-)
Latest post on 21 October 2014 - 12:14
DH has been given Sunday off, he's in DIFC. Luckey bugg3r.... we have to work :(
Latest post on 21 October 2014 - 12:10
Doubt we will either. I need to move to his company ;)
Latest post on 21 October 2014 - 12:09
DH has been given Sunday off, he's in DIFC. 7 days and gulf news both said it wont be moved so I doubt we will get it off :-(

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY