Homesick :-( | ExpatWoman.com

Homesick :-(

Latest post on 08 November 2014 - 08:05
Most people moving here go through the following phases: First few weeks: excitement/everything is new and fun After a month or two: reality. Everything seems difficult. Visa process is hard to get head round. It's hard to get anything done. After 3 of 4 months; Why did I/we come here, just realised it's not a long holiday, this is permanent! really homesick. Missing good friends from home. After 6 months: First trip back home, can't wait to get home and see everyone. During trip home: hmm - it's not as great as I remember it. Maybe Dubai's not that bad. Coming back to Dubai: YAAAAAAY I'm home. :biggrin: <em>edited by Tattie Bogle on 08/11/2014</em>
Latest post on 08 November 2014 - 03:00
Welcome to Dubai, Nemesia31. You'd be very welcome at one of the EW Mums Groups. There are lots to choose from :) http://www.expatwoman.com/dubai/monthly_events_whats_on.aspx#MumsGroup edited by admin on 08/11/2014 <em>edited by admin on 08/11/2014</em>
Latest post on 08 November 2014 - 02:08
I am currently in deira in a hotel moving to downtown end of this month. I'm 31 married and have a 5 month old baby boy.
Latest post on 08 November 2014 - 01:14
Nemesia, where do you live and what's your age? Perhaps I can put you in touch with people your age
Latest post on 07 November 2014 - 22:05
I just moved here 1week ago and it is harder this time than any before and this is our 9th time!! I think it might be an age thing and also we ended up having to leave our beloved dog behind with family as I have to keep going back to the UK. to retain residency!! Broke my heart! I find the best way to get through is to keep busy(are you on your own,without children?)I am looking for our permanent house each day with agents and also walking around the areas I want to live to get a feel for them! I am also quite sporty and try to swim and go to the gym each day,even though I'm 60 next! I'm trying to find out if the Green Community Ladies still have an active group? mrsb is right,you do have to learn to like your own company and fortunately I have learnt after being an ex-pat for the past 20years!
Latest post on 07 November 2014 - 10:57
Have you moved to Downtown yet? Or you still in hotel? Maybe try an EW coffee morning to get out and speak to others? x

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY