Cycling in Dubai for Adults | ExpatWoman.com

Cycling in Dubai for Adults

Latest post on 10 November 2014 - 16:26
Mushrif Park too, there are miles of cycling tracks and it's sooo lovely there.
Latest post on 10 November 2014 - 14:27
forgot to add, if you are a lady wanting to ride more there are several groups, check out the velo vixens on FB, all standards welcome so do not be put off if you think everyone is speedy, we all started somewhere!
Latest post on 10 November 2014 - 14:11
There's a lot of info on this page too... http://www.expatwoman.com/dubai/monthly_fitness_nutrition_Cycling_In_Dubai_8984.aspx Happy cycling!
Latest post on 10 November 2014 - 14:09
Hi there, cycling is huge here in Dubai for all levels etc. There are several groups you could contact as well as areas you can cycle safely with more in the pipeline. If you are on Facebook search out Dubai Cycling Community where a lot of folk post. Are you talking road bikes or mountain biking etc? There are several tracks at Nad Al Sheba, 4, 6 and 8km open 24 hours but at night you need lights to be able to see and be seen. If you go up the Al Quadra road towards bab Al shams then there is the Dubai cycle track which has lots of options. From the first car park that you come to, you can go up 17km on the safe track to get to the top roundabout where you can then do a loop of 50km or further on another loop of 20km. A newer loop is nearing completion which will be another 40km so you really can do lots of different distances. Both the bottom and top carpark have spotless toilets and showers. At the top car park there is a well stocked shop and coffee place as well as a bike shop and medical support in case of accidents. The track is unlit so at night time you need lights. Finally there is going to be a cycle path running the length of the new tram line so all in all lots of places to try out and keep safe, happy cycling!
Latest post on 10 November 2014 - 14:00
The nad al sheba track is good, they have just changed the 8k loop slightly, few more bends now! Unfortunately a lot more sand on the track than there use to be and a lot of the lights aren't working, so make sure you have a good light if you go there in the evening. Al Qudra is 18k straight then a 50k loop and back on the 18k straight.
Latest post on 10 November 2014 - 12:49
Thank you Nayls85, i will have to have a look up by the meadows.
Latest post on 10 November 2014 - 12:38
There's Nad Al Sheba cycling track, one out past arabian ranches (al qudra?) these are dedicated cycling tracks. My Dad also used to love cycling in and around meadows lakes they have dedicated cycle paths there I believe.
Latest post on 10 November 2014 - 12:32
Hi, i was wondering if anyone knows where is good & safe to go cycling in Dubia? I looked online and it says that there is a bike track on the open beach at Jumeriah but when i went there at the weekend there was only a running track and it had a sign up saying no bikes. thanks.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY