Sidra Medical Doha | ExpatWoman.com

Sidra Medical Doha

Latest post on 14 November 2014 - 13:05

Morning all

I have been offered a staff nurse position at Sidra Hospital in Qatar as a British Passport Holder, I was quoted 17,000(basic salary) + 2000 (Travel money). Now with eight years progressive experience do you think this is reasonable for a comfortable lifestyle? secondly my friend with 2years experience was also quoted same amount, do you guys think if I negotiate for a higher salary they will withdraw my application? I read here http://www.arabnursingjobs.com/blog/ I can negotiate

please someone help me to approach them in a polite way

Thanks

Latest post on 01 May 2015 - 19:04
Unfortunately, this is a very rude introduction for professionals to how things can go awry here in this part of the world. Qatar has had many delays in major projects (and will continue to do so) Sidra being a case in point. Expectations are high when coming from a Western/European perspective. This is a very "young" marketplace which has high aspirations and sometimes low follow through because of the lack of experience, or too high aspirations without the foundation to support them. Live and learn
Latest post on 30 April 2015 - 22:36
I had posted a similar info in Feb quoting about the delay in opening of the hospital and some did not agree to that. Never mind, mid 2016 is the possible time frame and that to no one is sure about that, recruitment team are sending mails to candidates stating " ON HOLD" on application process. They are not sure about the opening dates,and are non committal , even 2016 is only a likely !!!!!! It is very frustrating for all of us who have been waiting for over 1 1/2 years. I have a friend who works as a contractor for Sidra and he visited us last Friday and stated that the facility is not ready and lots need doing. This is dragging on and lets persevere and win this race.
Latest post on 30 April 2015 - 15:09
Hi. any updates ?.
Latest post on 21 April 2015 - 16:50
Just said that they were realigning the business plan secondary to the delay in construction, and would be in touch when more info becomes available. Yup. That's it for us schmucks. I really wanted to work for Sidra. :cry: <em>edited by RRTNICU on 21/04/2015</em>
Latest post on 21 April 2015 - 04:49
Got your email Kathy if you want to remove it now.
Latest post on 21 April 2015 - 04:30
Abby, I didn't receive the email yet but thanks for the heads up. This way I won't get my hopes up when I see an email from Sidra. But knowing is infinitly better than not knowing. Makes the waiting easier if I know there is a plan in place.
Latest post on 21 April 2015 - 01:19
I yet to receive the email but was told verbally at least one year delay.
Latest post on 21 April 2015 - 00:05
Got the e-mail from Sidra this morning that things, are in fact, on hold. :cry: edited by abby86 on 20/04/2015 abby86 Did the email state how long the delay might be?
Latest post on 20 April 2015 - 19:30
Got the e-mail from Sidra this morning that things, are in fact, on hold. :cry: <em>edited by abby86 on 20/04/2015</em>
Latest post on 19 April 2015 - 20:00
My husband worked for Sidra as a contractor. He came through an agency last year in February, me and the kids followed in August 2014. He works for IT Help desk support. Well his contract was extended till end of Sept 2015 but all of a sudden Sidra decided to get rid of all the contractors (22 in total in IT) and they ended the contract on 31st of March. We are due to go back to the UK on Saturday now. I think as the project is just pro longing and the finish in date keeps changing, they can't afford to keep /recruit more people. My husband has been applying non stop for the past one month here in Qatar and UAE but haven't been able to secure a job. Initially it was a shock as I had just settled, I have only been here for 8 months but as time went on, I got used to the idea of having to go back. My older son managed to get a place back in the school he left from in the UK as a student had just left so he will b back to school on Monday 27th. Good luck to you all as I can imagine how frustrating all the wait can be.
Latest post on 19 April 2015 - 13:19
Hi, I did receive a similar email last week :cry: <em>edited by Ems2015 on 19/04/2015</em>
Latest post on 30 March 2015 - 02:58
Hi BAMsMom, I have passed the exam end of January and all my paperwork has been submitted for licencing. Still waiting.... However I did not receive an email about delay in mobilization.. Do you have any news yet ? bye: Ems2015, I did receive said email. My recruiter said that a great number of nurses were put on hold, though I'm not sure which nurses, CNLs, and why. At this time I'm immune to delays as I have been in this process since 2013. As I stated in a passed post I just keep doing things that help with professional development to be an asset to Sidra. I have obtained my MSN as a CNL and will be presenting the exam for the CNL cert as in the states you can not be a CNL or use the credentials without being certified. So I continue on my path, keep busy, until Sidra is ready for me. Despite the long wait I feel it's an amazing opportunity for my family and I. When I hear something from our future employer I will let you ladies know. Stay positive as I know that they are doing their best to get everything ready to welcome us and have a smoother transition and be a part of the opening of the hospital. BAMsMOM aka BAMsMOM82:)
Latest post on 29 March 2015 - 15:03
I did not need the exam
Latest post on 29 March 2015 - 13:25
Hi abby86, thanks for your response. I will keep you posted about the progress ( if there will be any in the near future).have you done the prometric exam?
Latest post on 29 March 2015 - 02:59
RRT
Latest post on 29 March 2015 - 02:34
Thanks for your reply abby86!;) That's disappointing!! Hopefully soon you will have some news, are you a CNL as well?:)
Latest post on 28 March 2015 - 15:19
I have been waiting for a license since Nov/2014 :(
Latest post on 28 March 2015 - 14:40
Hi BAMsMom, I have passed the exam end of January and all my paperwork has been submitted for licencing. Still waiting.... However I did not receive an email about delay in mobilization.. Do you have any news yet ? bye:
Latest post on 28 March 2015 - 14:35
Hello to all, I am directing this inquiry to CNLs. Have any of you ladies received the same letter the nurses about delayed mobilization? Also, is there anyone in the process of obtaining their RN license in Qatar? If so how long have you been waiting for your license (as well as visas) to be processed? I passed my exam and going to submit my paper work soon and was wondering the processing time. I kindly appreciate any information. BAMsMom
Latest post on 28 March 2015 - 12:34
ok got it you can remove your contact detail
Latest post on 27 March 2015 - 11:41
What state are you from? There are a couple of us here waiting, if you would like to make contact off the forum, just post your email, remove it as soon as I contact you.
Latest post on 27 March 2015 - 08:13
Hi, I am a nurse from Australia and was offered a CNL position with Sidra. At this stage I am waiting for my Nursing Registration to come trough from the Supreme Council. It has been almost two months of waiting.... Does anyone now how long this process might take ? Feedback much appreciated!!Thanks:)
Latest post on 12 March 2015 - 01:06
I resent it, hope you get it this time..
Latest post on 10 March 2015 - 01:59
Dear Uma, I am CNL from UK. Please do contact me if you wish to and I can share some news on this. regards MARDOL Hi Mardol, Did you receive my email?
Latest post on 09 March 2015 - 14:59
I believe that things may be moving along...I was invited to start using the online portal for onboarding hires, which allows me to track my progress right up to the point of arrival in Doha. Hopefully this means something good!! edited by abby86 on 08/03/2015 Hi abby86 I was also invited to use the online portal, MySidra. I was just confused as i was verbally told 4 weeks ago that onboarding was delayed and now this. I haven't been able to get through to my HR contact yet. But hopefully as you said it could only mean positive change. Hello Ladies, This is AMAZING news! Congratulations to you! Sounds like things are moving along. If you are able to we would love to hear more about your process. It is uplifting to know that fellow nurses are getting contacted once again. To the rest of the nurses that are on this journey as well I wish that you too get contacted soon. I know that this has been a bit of an emotional roller coaster, but I know deep in my core that the small delay we have encountered is so that once we are finally contacted things will go smoother. How cool is it that you can now have a site in which you can track the process! I am still VERY excited about my decision to have signed my contract and that I am part of a group of professionals that will be making such a difference in the future. I look forward to hearing more nurses getting contacted. Stay positive as things will happen as they are meant to happen. Keep posting good news. :biggrin: edited by BAMsMOM82 on 09/03/2015 <em>edited by BAMsMOM82 on 09/03/2015</em>
Latest post on 09 March 2015 - 14:46
Hello to all, I am directing this inquiry to CNLs. Have any of you ladies received the same letter the nurses about delayed mobilization? Also, is there anyone in the process of obtaining their RN license in Qatar? If so how long have you been waiting for your license (as well as visas) to be processed? I passed my exam and going to submit my paper work soon and was wondering the processing time. I kindly appreciate any information. BAMsMom hi...iv been told that my provisional offer will come soon...and i havent been told anything about the exam yet... when did they ask you to do the test?... Hi. Once you sign your formal offer you will then receive an email with instructions. Good luck! :)
Latest post on 09 March 2015 - 06:46
Here's the latest in the Doha press Meanwhile, work continues on the much-delayed Sidra Medical and Research Center, which is expected to deliver 10,000 babies each year while providing reproductive and perinatal care, among other services. Sidra was initially scheduled to open in 2011, but officials have revised that deadline multiple times. A mid-2015 opening was discussed last year, but Qatar Foundation later fired its contractors in a move believed to have resulted in further delays. A Sidra spokesperson told Doha News this week that she could not comment on when the facility would open. http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fdohanews.co%2Fexpectant-mothers-in-qatar-encouraged-to-seek-healthcare-outside-of-doha%2F&h=GAQEhcQk7&enc=AZO1oeZrMgif6Fc6GNv9CSL3V8vjtKX27F3k14w_5uqtC-Ym-1khyOk6XchEwQ5Zww1CGODmuULyP3C5NzcZ9-HNZ-t6j5vPbVQHG6smORtiqDP9jPt5_b-Q5FBB5GupmUa9lQrjHu8wiNw8crvuEhY8Zou--_a2xbFWCiRrwJc5cg&s=1
Latest post on 08 March 2015 - 21:15
I believe that things may be moving along...I was invited to start using the online portal for onboarding hires, which allows me to track my progress right up to the point of arrival in Doha. Hopefully this means something good!! edited by abby86 on 08/03/2015 Hi abby86 I was also invited to use the online portal, MySidra. I was just confused as i was verbally told 4 weeks ago that onboarding was delayed and now this. I haven't been able to get through to my HR contact yet. But hopefully as you said it could only mean positive change.
Latest post on 08 March 2015 - 20:21
I believe that things may be moving along...I was invited to start using the online portal for onboarding hires, which allows me to track my progress right up to the point of arrival in Doha. Hopefully this means something good!! <em>edited by abby86 on 08/03/2015</em>
Latest post on 08 March 2015 - 19:53
Dear Uma, I am CNL from UK. Please do contact me if you wish to and I can share some news on this. regards MARDOL Dear Mardol Thanks for that. Will email you now.