House guests over the festive season | ExpatWoman.com

House guests over the festive season

Latest post on 23 November 2014 - 14:39

Anyone else starting to get anxious? My mother in law.....3 weeks...... my stomach is in knots already.

Latest post on 23 November 2014 - 21:30
A friend was complaining about 9 weeks the other day. I last about 10 days with in laws. Good luck, a baby is a good excuse to stay back from touristy things as it's nap time again!
Latest post on 23 November 2014 - 16:40
You win!! I'll think of that when I'm struggling to get through three weeks! :biggrin:
Latest post on 23 November 2014 - 16:37
Been there got the (2 month) tshirt. :lol:
Latest post on 23 November 2014 - 16:25
Excellent suggestion Tattie Bogle - thank you! Going to commence work on the spreadsheet ASAP! I will see how they are with bub and if all goes well I will definitely be seeing if we can swing a night out while they're here. I know it's meant to be a festive time, and of course it's great to have family around.... when they're your own ;) <em>edited by Stix on 23/11/2014</em>
Latest post on 23 November 2014 - 16:21
Absolutely Stix. A tour guide book, NOL card, and off they go! I'd draw up a spreadsheet of the 3 weeks, plot out dates/times that you want to do something all together and leave it up on the fridge so everybody knows the times that you will all be doing something, like dinner at the fountains etc. And put 'suggestions' in the other days for them to do some things themselves. You could also pay for a couple of pool/beach days for them (somewhere cheaper like The Dubai Marine Beach Resort) so they are out for the day and having a bit of a holiday. Also, if you don't have a Maid, it's a nice opportunity for you and DH to get out and leave MIL with the baby so make the most of it.
Latest post on 23 November 2014 - 15:55
I'm a stay at home mum so I'm in the same boat! It's like walking on eggshells the whole time. They keep saying they just want to spend time with the baby, but 3 weeks in our apartment is going to be torture - that being said, I refuse to be their tour guide. Maybe a NOL card and a list of suggestions might save me.
Latest post on 23 November 2014 - 15:22
Do you work or will you be at home for the duration? I always assume such visits are easier if you can use work as an excuse and leave the visitor to their own devices during the day. I have no idea what I'll do when my in-laws come to visit - MiL is not very mobile and FiL is a fussy eater. I'm not working yet so it will be down to me to keep them entertained when they visit.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY