Destination Weddings | ExpatWoman.com

Destination Weddings

Latest post on 24 November 2014 - 16:32

To those of you that got married "overseas" did you see the venue before you booked it, or did you just go with your gut instinct and think F it, let's book it?

TIA x

Latest post on 25 November 2014 - 17:47
Thanks Yorky, I was just thinking with us here, wedding in Cyprus and family coming from UK - it is a lot of variables that I want to make sure I am covered for, esp when you book the date so early! Never know what is going to happen .... Once I get the ball rolling, date & venue booked I am sure I will do, thanks x Have fun planning and don't stress too much, I'm sure it will be a perfect day whatever you decide :)
Latest post on 25 November 2014 - 12:15
Thanks Yorky, I was just thinking with us here, wedding in Cyprus and family coming from UK - it is a lot of variables that I want to make sure I am covered for, esp when you book the date so early! Never know what is going to happen .... Once I get the ball rolling, date & venue booked I am sure I will do, thanks x
Latest post on 25 November 2014 - 10:03
Hi, did anyone get any wedding insurance? Thanks Hi Polly, we didn't bother with wedding insurance as I was happy with all the arrangements we had in place. I guess it depends on the venue and if you are inviting a lot of guests? Happy to help with any specific questions you may have :)
Latest post on 25 November 2014 - 09:30
I'm in the middle of planning my wedding in Thailand and we went and looked at all the venues before deciding on one. However, the villas we looked at all looked exactly how they did on the websites - all amazing. But its still nice to go and have a look yourself. :) Thanks
Latest post on 24 November 2014 - 21:15
Hi, did anyone get any wedding insurance? Thanks
Latest post on 24 November 2014 - 17:38
I got married in Italy. I just looked at the websites and didnt visit in advance All went really well - even hair, make up, photographers etc. Good luck!
Latest post on 24 November 2014 - 17:09
I'm in the middle of planning my wedding in Thailand and we went and looked at all the venues before deciding on one. However, the villas we looked at all looked exactly how they did on the websites - all amazing. But its still nice to go and have a look yourself. :)
Latest post on 24 November 2014 - 16:57
I wanted a beach wedding and narrowed it down to two destinations (Maldives and Mauritius). I was very fortunate to have visited both places before and seen weddings during our stays so it did give me an idea of what to expect. Thanks Yorky
Latest post on 24 November 2014 - 16:54
I wanted a beach wedding and narrowed it down to two destinations (Maldives and Mauritius). I was very fortunate to have visited both places before and seen weddings during our stays so it did give me an idea of what to expect.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY