Furnished Apartments--SIDRA | ExpatWoman.com

Furnished Apartments--SIDRA

Latest post on 08 December 2014 - 22:55

Anybody know what the housing for Sidra is like? We've seen some video of the executive housing, but I doubt ours will be anything like that!

Also, what should we expect from a furnished apartment? This will be our first time living in one. What things would you most recommend packing/shipping that were missing from the standard setup?

Latest post on 10 December 2014 - 01:26
JillMV is right. We live in a Qatar Foundation villa in the QF compound, and despite the fact that QF is considered a good employer, the "furnished" house was "furnished" very basically and we had to buy a lot of stuff, included furniture, sheets, towels, kitchen tools, pans, etc. Anyway, unless you have good reasons for bringing these things with you (from where?) you might appreciate to know that here you can find all you need. Also, there are a lot of expats who leave Doha and try to sell all the things that they cannot bring back, so you really can find all you need at a reasonable price. Consider that yes, all goods are imported, but there is no VAT. I find many things more convenient than in Italy. I don't know how prices are compared to the US.
Latest post on 09 December 2014 - 21:33
Furnished means different things for different employers and different landlords. I think Sidra HR should be able to tell you what's included. The first two furnished places we lived in had sheets and pots/ pans/ plates/ glasses all provided for us. The next furnished place had all the furniture and appliances, but we needed to provide our own small kitchen appliances (toaster, microwave), pots/ pans, sheets, towels, etc.... so it depends on employer/ landlord. If you're coming from a place that uses 220 voltage, I would bring the kitchen appliances you love - your coffee maker, mixer, etc. If you're coming from the US, I would not. I think a lot of people like to bring things that make you feel at home - your favorite pictures, pillow, etc