School Won't Refund, Despite Agreememt | ExpatWoman.com

School Won't Refund, Despite Agreememt

Latest post on 17 December 2014 - 05:58

Im wondering if I should take this further, as its a significant sum...

Company pays all school fees in full, not installments. However, since it's a new school company did not have all the documentation from school and did not pay until last month. I paid a deposit and first installment for each kid at enrollment. But kids father told school in person, that the company would pay in full. School agreed to give us our money back when they got the check. I went to accounting yesterday and he refused. First he said there "might" be increased book fees next term, then he said he would refund "at some point in the future". If there are book fees, the company will pay if they get an invoice. I'm under no obligation to return kids there next year, I don't see the point of keeping it as an excess balance. I don't understand the reason for refusal because it's not as if the accountant will pocket it!! If they are charging a late fee, the company would be responsible for that as well, so I really feel I'm entitled to a refund. I emailed the individual who made the agreement but I don't know how it will go.

Latest post on 17 December 2014 - 08:46
Ok, thanks a lot... I was hoping I wasn't wrong since the company did pay quite late. Hopefully I can resolve soon.
Latest post on 17 December 2014 - 08:20
Get your DH to visit KHDA, or you and ask them to get involved.
Latest post on 17 December 2014 - 08:18
yeah...seems like the accountant is trying his luck... that maybe you wont bother to take it further.. pretty stupid to think that though... better go to the principal... ! <em>edited by Grittt1 on 17/12/2014</em>
Latest post on 17 December 2014 - 07:44
Dont bother with the school accountant. They only think numbers. Go to the school principal and inform him/her what is going on. If from there you do not get a refund report the school as they are stealing from you then since the company already gave them a check. <em>edited by Asti on 17/12/2014</em>

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY