SCHOOLS IN DUBAI FOR KIDS WITH DEVELOPMENT DELAY, MILD AUTISM, AND SPEECH DELAY | ExpatWoman.com

SCHOOLS IN DUBAI FOR KIDS WITH DEVELOPMENT DELAY, MILD AUTISM, AND SPEECH DELAY

Latest post on 21 January 2015 - 13:23

HELLO ALL

My son is 4 years old. back in 2013 he was diagnosed with a very mild form of autism or developmental delay.
His language is very poor but its improving with the help of a center called ReachOut where he takes extra support sessions in speech, OT and ABA. I suggest this center for everybody… they are very professional.

Academically my son is advanced but his social skills and language are behind, his receptive language is poor too so he doesn’t understand everything I say and he doesn’t follow complex orders…

I am writing this to help every family how has a slimier child to find the right school... finding the right school is very very very difficult.. it took me and my husband months of calling and visiting schools to finally come up with the following list...the following schools have very good supporting units and they have teams dedicated for kids with special needs, but the seats are very limited, some of them take two students in every class and some take only one student. that is why you really need to apply as early as possible.

- Victory Heights school
- Metropol school
- Uptown school/ mirdif
- Colligate School
- Star international school
- Deira private school
- Deira International school
- Greenfields community school
- GEMS wellington primary school

My advice to you is to send your child medical report by email once you apply to any school and please make sure to mention your child's case clearly in the application, don’t hide anything.. just to make sure that the school fully understand the kind of support your child needs... at the end of the day all schools are expensive so make sure you take full advantage of every penny you paid. All kids even the special ones deserve to get the write education at their capacity.

I have applied to each and every school in the list but still waiting for their decision… for now he has an assessment at metropol on Tuesday 28/01/2015.. all fingers are crossed… I wish he gets accepted at a good school where he gets all the support needed for him to improve in all areas.

I really hope this list will help you guys

Good luck and if you need anyyyyy thing don’t hesitate to contact me

Latest post on 26 November 2015 - 09:46
Good Morning, Sensation Station Center might be able to help. I know that they have an Early Intervention and Therapy-Based Learning Programme for children that struggle attending schools or nurseries. Email: [email protected] or call 04-2776769. Or check out their FB https://www.facebook.com/SensationStationCentre Hope this helps. Have a good day E.
Latest post on 11 November 2015 - 06:55
Hi S1W4Z Came across this thread. This great info for us. We are moving to dubai early next yr with 2 kids on tow (6 and 7 yo). My eldest has autism but high functioning. Im quite worried if i can find schools for him. Which school is your kid currently enrolled?
Latest post on 22 April 2015 - 20:37
hi S1W4Z, im struggling to get my son admitted to school. we already had 2 interviews and we did not have any luck. my son has speech dwlay as well. I feel so down that his not getting accepted to school. please let me know to which school your child got accepted.
Latest post on 17 April 2015 - 18:23
Hi S1W4Z, Can you please tell me something. When you mentioned that your LO is behind in social skills, can you please elaborate on that. What way is he behind compared to his peers? and what sort of complicated commands would he not understand? The reason I am asking is that I want to compare with my son, who has speech delay ( which is improving). Thanks in advance.
Latest post on 15 April 2015 - 10:17
Hi S1W4Z! Do u have any information about Raffles International School? Do they take kids with mild autism in kindergarten?
Latest post on 16 March 2015 - 19:48
Thank you for sharing OP. Great information! bubble_trubble, my nephew is autistic and was diagnosed before he was 3. There is so much to gain from an early diagnosis because therapies are so very effective in the early years. If there is any chance that your little boy is on the spectrum try to get him assessed ASAP. I would recommend starting at Kids First or the Developing Child Centre.
Latest post on 15 March 2015 - 10:56
thanks for sharing this info...could I pls ask when did you get your kid assessed. My son has just turned 2 and the nursery counsellor where we took him advised abt him being mildly autistic with speech delays. Should I take him to experts right away for assessment? or is it too soon?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY