Applying for a Croatian visit visa | ExpatWoman.com

Applying for a Croatian visit visa

Latest post on 26 January 2015 - 14:11
Update for anyone who needs to know in the future: I received this reply from the embassy in Doha: The visa issuance process is as follows: As a general rule, one applies for a visa personally (visa applications for children are submitted by their parents or legal custodians - they must submit birth certificate or other proof of stauts). Exceptionally, one does not have to apply personally, but has to present himself/herself when called upon by the Embassy/Consulate. In practice, this means one can submit the visa application per mail and if the visa is approved, one has to appear in person at any Croatian Embassy or Consulate with one’s passport and collect the visa. This should be arranged with the Embassy/Consulate in advance. A visa application shall be lodged no sooner than three (3) months prior to the date of the intended trip. Aliens shall enclose the following documents with the application: - valid travel document; the period of validity of the travel document should exceed that of the visa's by three months, it must include at least two empty pages and must be issued in the preceding 10 years; - colour photo 35x45 mm; - supporting documents that prove: the purpose of the journey to Croatia (marriage certificate) - travel health insurance; - spouse of the Croatian national is exempted from paying a visa fee Also, please be informed that In line with the Government’s decision, aliens who are holders of: - uniform visa (C) for two or multiple entries, valid for all Schengen Area member states; - long-stay visa (D) for stays exceeding three months, issued by one of the Schengen Area member state; - residence permit issued by one of the Schengen Area member state; do not require a visa for transit through or intended stays in the territory of the Republic of Croatia not exceeding 90 days in any 180-day period. The period of validity of the above mentioned Schengen documents shall cover the duration of the transit or stay. Hence, if a person holds a valid passport and a valid C 02 or C Multi Schengen visa valid for all Schengen states or a Schengen residence permit, he/she can enter Croatia and stay up to 90 days. If a person holds a C 01 Schengen visa he/she will not be able to enter Croatia with it. The Schengen visa/residence permit must be valid at the moment of entering, during the stay and at the moment of leaving Croatia (C02 visa is not considered valid if both of the entries into Schengen are used before entering Croatia). The passport must be valid for at least three months after the date of the intended departure from Croatia. The visa regime and visa application information is available online at www.mvep.hr, in the section Visas. For all and any additional information regarding the visa application process (details, appointments, working hours, bank account number, etc.) please contact the Croatian Embassy at which you plan to submit your visa application. With regards, Mario Radić, Consular officer, Lucky for me I happen to have a long-term multiple entry Shengen visa as my hubby is Dutch :) Thanks for the help everyone!
Latest post on 21 January 2015 - 21:40
Had to do this last year and didn't fancy sending passports to Cairo, which you would have to do. Rang their embassy in Cairo and they told me a Schengen visa will do, so if you can combine the trip with a stopover in another Schengen country and then get a multiple entry Schengen visa, you should be fine. I would still contact their embassy to double check this advice is still valid!
Latest post on 21 January 2015 - 15:07
US, UK, Canadian, Australian NZ and Europeans all get visa on arrival.
Latest post on 21 January 2015 - 14:29
We are Australian and didnt need one. Drove in from Italy and they just stamped it at border crossing in and out.
Latest post on 21 January 2015 - 13:58
This is a bit of a shot in the dark, but has anyone ever applied for a Croatian visit visa from the UAE? They do not have an embassy here. I believe the closest one is in Cairo. How do I go about this? If you are British you don't need one http://croatia.visahq.ae/requirements/United_Kingdom/resident-United_Arab_Emirates/
Latest post on 21 January 2015 - 13:40
This is a bit of a shot in the dark, but has anyone ever applied for a Croatian visit visa from the UAE? They do not have an embassy here. I believe the closest one is in Cairo. How do I go about this?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY