Compay requesting copy of debit card without cvs to verify purchase | ExpatWoman.com

Compay requesting copy of debit card without cvs to verify purchase

Latest post on 25 February 2015 - 15:04

Ladies, have any of you ever heard of this? My son just purchased tickets to a music event in another country and, almost immediately, he received a email requesting he send a photocopy of the front and back of his card --- cover the cvv number from the back and the expiration date on the front -- in order for them to verify the purchase is legitimate . Have any of you ever had this requested of them?
<em>edited by norak on 25/02/2015</em>

Latest post on 25 February 2015 - 15:35
Jumeriah Beach hotel asked my colleague for the above when he booked a brunch. Needless to say he refused as they wanted him to send a copy of the CVV number too!
Latest post on 25 February 2015 - 15:09
Ladies, have any of you ever heard of this? My son just purchased tickets to a music event in another country and, almost immediately, he received a email requesting he send a photocopy of the front of his card --- not the cvs number from the back -- in order for them to verify the purchase is legitimate . Have any of you ever had this requested of them? I once booked a hotel in London from Dubai and they asked for the same. Make sure that the email address is from the company though, if it looks suspicious call the company and ask them to verify that they did make the request. I did that anyway as a precaution. <em>edited by chezmoi on 25/02/2015</em>

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY