Itchy mole, please advise | ExpatWoman.com

Itchy mole, please advise

Latest post on 01 March 2015 - 20:39

Hi everyone, I have always had a mole on my back and it's never been an issue..however, it has recently started itching, at first it was on and off and now it's everyday. Can anyone recommend a good dermatologist please, our insurance has expired too and I don't really want to wait as we are looking at changing insurers I will be paying for this too so if anyone has any idea of cost that would also help..thank you all x

Latest post on 03 March 2015 - 00:12
I second Dr. Juliane Reuter
Latest post on 02 March 2015 - 10:24
I know how annoying that can be. I had one of those where the bra strap is and I'd itch it and it would bleed. You have three routes to removing it, 1. With a dermatologist (might leave a mark depending how they remove it) 2. With a plastic surgeon (will not show) and 3. General surgeon (not recommended) . If you are worried about it, have them send it to a lab after you remove it just for a peace of mind. I paid about 800 to remove it a few years back. I can't recommend a dr as the one I went to is no longer in dubai.
Latest post on 02 March 2015 - 07:09
Personally i would not go to check this out until you have insurance sorted. If you go without insurance and it is something nasty, then you may not be covered for some very expensive treatment.
Latest post on 01 March 2015 - 21:40
Dr Sue Norton at Dubai Physio is an excellent GP and has been good at checking my moles.
Latest post on 01 March 2015 - 20:59
My DD goes to Dr. Juliane Reuter at Blue Tree Clinic which is opposite the Jumeriah Beach Hotel. Not sure how much a consultation would be but DD pays 850 for mole mapping. She has an excellent reputation and is very thorough. She will also remove any moles that she thinks are suspect and have them analyised. <em>edited by amelia on 01/03/2015</em>

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY