Best family-friendly hotel for Baniyas Island? | ExpatWoman.com

Best family-friendly hotel for Baniyas Island?

Latest post on 05 March 2015 - 09:59
Great idea about speaking directly with a manager. I think we'll do the same because it's just such a waste of money and space. Thanks Catawba KSE :)
Latest post on 04 March 2015 - 20:11
Thanks for all the detailed recommendations. Sounds like you really can't go wrong either way. About how long did you all stay there? Is 2 days enough...it is quite expensive considering we need 2 rooms or a 2-bedroom villa because we are a family of 5. Which always annoys me considering 2 of my 3 kids end up sleeping in the same bed with me and we basically money. Bleh! First world problems and all that. :( We stayed two nights. Was worth it for only two night; we would have loved to have stayed a third if not for the expense. We are a family of five and we stayed in 1 bed villa which was plenty big enough for us all (see above post). One of our children was 2 and sleeping in a crib and the other 2 slept on the sofa bed. Reservations absolutely would not consider putting us in a one bed villa so I insisted on speaking with a manager who was far more accommodating so maybe try that.
Latest post on 04 March 2015 - 10:39
Thanks for all the detailed recommendations. Sounds like you really can't go wrong either way. About how long did you all stay there? Is 2 days enough...it is quite expensive considering we need 2 rooms or a 2-bedroom villa because we are a family of 5. Which always annoys me considering 2 of my 3 kids end up sleeping in the same bed with me and we basically money. Bleh! First world problems and all that. :(
Latest post on 03 March 2015 - 19:22
We stayed in an Al Sahel villa with three kids and absolutely loved it. Our best hotel holiday by far in the UAE. We were in a one bedroom pool villa. The villa is huge...enormous master, small living room with double pull out bed, small dining area, lovely bathroom, patio at back with small plunge pool to cool off. But the highlight is the view of an amazing empty beach to the sea. Villas feel very secluded. Hardly anyone on the beach. There were other families with kids when we were there so definitely not for couples only. Although I'd caution our kids will sit quietly and eat meals at the table so not a disruption to others enjoying 'couple time.' If you need an environment where your kids can run around, yell and burn off steam during meals it is probably not the best choice. So, whilst the resort might try to dissuade you not to stay with kids it is definitely a lovely option depending on what you want: If you want kids' club, lots of choice of restaurants, multiple pools, boisterous, center of activity etc. it will not be for you. But if you want seclusion, villa vs. hotel room, empty beach, make your own action, staff that remember you because there are only a few guests, relaxed atmosphere...Al Sahel is fantastic. We went with friends with kids who opted to stay in the main hotel.....they spent most of their time at our place. It is expensive but for a treat, worth it. <em>edited by Catawba KSE on 03/03/2015</em>
Latest post on 03 March 2015 - 16:46
Would also suggest the hotel. It was years ago I stayed there, but was great. Additionally, was recently in touch with Al Sahel regarding doing a family break story there and they strongly advised against it. The Anantara people seem to consider the Desert Islands hotel for families and the all-villa resorts (Al Yamm and Al Sahel) for adults/couples/romantic getaways. I think Al Yamm is better for children than Al Sahel; the children loves waking up with animals outside the villa. Al Sahel seems more quiet romantic kind of place. There were a lot of families at the Al Yamm villas. Ah, thanks for the clarification, as I only know about the villa resorts what Anantara has passed on. Will be staying at Al Sahel at the end of the month though, and very much looking forward to seeing what it's all about.
Latest post on 03 March 2015 - 13:47
Would also suggest the hotel. It was years ago I stayed there, but was great. Additionally, was recently in touch with Al Sahel regarding doing a family break story there and they strongly advised against it. The Anantara people seem to consider the Desert Islands hotel for families and the all-villa resorts (Al Yamm and Al Sahel) for adults/couples/romantic getaways.
Latest post on 03 March 2015 - 13:13
We have also stayed in the hotel. The rooms are big, there is a child friendly pool, a kids club, a games room for the older children. Breakfast was buffet style so lots of choice. The family enjoyed the early morning safari and the horse riding. Both worth the money, in my experience. The guides were very knowledgeable. There is also a nature walk for the children in the afternoon. We did not venture to Al Yamm and Al Sahel so cannot comment.
Latest post on 03 March 2015 - 11:37
They are all part of Anantara and they will shuttle you between the resorts for dinner etc. We stayed in the hotel resort itself and it's very good with children, as there is a kids club and a large pool. We have also stayed in the Al Yamm villas and they are amazing with private pool. ( Not all if I remember correctly, but there is one by the restaurant) only one restaurant there, a South African, but really good even the breakfast was better there than the main resort. You are staying in the park, so will see some animals around the villa! The Al Sahel are villas by the beach, didn't visit. Great feedback, thanks!
Latest post on 03 March 2015 - 10:46
We've been thinking of going for ages now, but I'm so confused at the different hotel/villa options available. Has anyone been and can offer advice between Desert Islands, Al Yamm and Al Sahel? We don't care that much about a spa, but easy access to a pool, the beach, wildlife, and food is important. Thanks so much!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY