Marriage/Child VISA Question | ExpatWoman.com

Marriage/Child VISA Question

Latest post on 17 March 2015 - 01:36

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with some information. I have a 4 year old daughter, at the time of my daughters birth I was not married to her father. I am currently happily married to a wonderful man who is not to my daughters biological father. My issue is I am currently in talks of getting a position in Qatar. I wanted to know if there would be any trouble getting my daughter a Family Residence VISA since my husband is not her father and was not married at the time of her birth.

I know there are some restrictions in Qatar. So I wanted to clarify that information prior to moving forward.

Thanks all.
<em>edited by nursedee07 on 17/03/2015</em>

Latest post on 17 March 2015 - 19:06
You will need the biological father's written permission to bring her. It will need to be attested/authenticated. Or, if your husband adopts her, then he can sponsor her. You need to discuss the requirements with your potential employer's PRO.
Latest post on 17 March 2015 - 08:58
Again: I also know a couple who married before coming here and had previously two kids, who are here too, and they had no problems because they had kids before the marriage. for sure ask your company and be 100% sure that you can do it, but I would be optimistic, if you can have the father's permission for your child or if you can demonstrate that your child is 100% under your responsibility and that the biological father has no rights upon her.
Latest post on 17 March 2015 - 08:54
You really need to ask the company. I've never heard of marital status at birth of child being a problem but I also don't know anyone who's been in this situation. Getting married before coming here and after having a child is very common but in the situations I'm aware of the husband is also the father (if you see what I mean). You *will* need permission from the father to bring your child to Qatar (unless you already have something which states that he doesn't have any rights in this respect).
Latest post on 17 March 2015 - 08:54
I know some cases of divorced parents who came here with children and without the other spouse, but without another partner, and of course had to provide the permission of the other spouse for bringing the children here. For your case I have no direct experience but the best thing will be to explain the situation to the office of your employer that will have to help you to obtain the residence permit and ask them to clarify with the immigration office.