Very anxious mum to be, where can i find a female OBGYN? Western would be ideal!! | ExpatWoman.com

Very anxious mum to be, where can i find a female OBGYN? Western would be ideal!!

Latest post on 14 April 2015 - 15:26

Hi Ladies,

I just moved to Doha with my hubby and I'm 3 months pregnant.

I'm very apprehensive about finding a OBYGN here.
I want a female doctor and if she is western that is a bonus. I saw a few doctors when i was in Dubai and i just feel there is always a culture barrier with many doctors. This is my first baby and i think if there is ever a time to be fussy with a medical practitioner then this is the time.
I want to feel comfortable with the doctor and that there is no language/culture barrier and more than anything that you feel they have a good understanding of all the worries of any expecting mothers.
I know this is a negative as a westerner living in the middle east and this is something we wouldn't even think about in the UK and should be the least of any womens worry when expecting but i think its hugely important i find the right doctor here to deliver.

Any advice is much appreciated,

TIA

Sophia:)

Latest post on 15 April 2015 - 12:22
I go to Dr. Sonia at Al Emadi Hospital and think she's great. She doesn't do deliveries though - so if you are planning to deliver in Qatar, that might be an issue. You might also try the Cuban hospital. It's in Dukhan, which is about an hour from Doha, but it's a very nice place. All the doctors and nurses are Cuban. They have male and female ObGyns, who I always hear good things about.