Yogurt for dogs? | ExpatWoman.com

Yogurt for dogs?

Latest post on 19 April 2015 - 08:50

I have read that you can give your dogs yogurt and cheese but then I also have seen that they not allowed milk and dairy products...so I am confused as I thought yogurt and cheese were dairy products...

I dont feed it to them loads just as treat...

Latest post on 19 April 2015 - 11:54
Yogurt is high in calcium and protein. But make sure to only choose yogurts that do not contain artificial sweeteners or added sugars. Yogurts with active bacteria can act as a probiotic and are good for your dog’s digestive system. Our Danes love their kibble with yogurt almost every morning!! As for cheese, only as a treat and they also love it.
Latest post on 19 April 2015 - 11:25
My aging belgian shepherd who is on stroke medications loves her dry food mixed with activa!
Latest post on 19 April 2015 - 10:39
I give mine hard cheese cubes and frozen plain yogurt as treat once in a while-they love both. Never had issues. Most lactose intolerant people can digest yogurt and cheese in moderation, assume dogs are the same.
Latest post on 19 April 2015 - 09:56
Ours love the occasional egg as a treat, just broken into their bowls
Latest post on 19 April 2015 - 09:51
We give our little miss yogurt as a treat but always in moderation and as I said as a treat only. I guess some dogs can be lactose intolerant like humans, we have never had any problems. :dog:

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY