ASOS SHIPPING | ExpatWoman.com

ASOS SHIPPING

Latest post on 19 April 2015 - 11:56

i am ordering clothes from asos ..they have asked for zip code and since i do not have a po box ...what can i state please ?

Latest post on 20 April 2015 - 18:41
I've always put 00000 when zip is required, whether I am getting it delivered to PO Box or to my home and it has always made it.
Latest post on 20 April 2015 - 11:21
By default Dubai Post Office do not deliver to home addresses, so if you have mail addressed to your home it will not reach you, however I think you can have a home delivery option to some areas of Dubai by subscription. I do wonder why with all the advances that are made in Dubai that they still have not introduced proper home mail delivery too, just because email exists does not prevent most of the world from having a postal service that delivers. Email does not help for documents and parcels! http://www.dubai.ae/en/Lists/HowToGuide/DispForm.aspx?ID=16 [i'>"Villa residents in Dubai can have their mail hand delivered to their doorstep through a mail facility called 'My Home', where postmen deliver mail to personal boxes fitted on compound walls, three times a week for AED 700 per year. Additional charges of AED 500 apply for delivery six times a week. In case residents wish to have their mail posted, they activate a green light on the post box, so that the postman can collect mail directly from them. Another new service for apartments is called 'My Building' with mail lockers to be fixed in the lobbies or basement of apartment buildings for AED 450 per year. The My Zone service delivers mail to shelters containing boxes located close to people's homes or workplaces for AED 300 per year. "[/i'> http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-news/mail-to-your-uae-home-its-all-sorted-with-emirates-post#full <em>edited by chezmoi on 20/04/2015</em>
Latest post on 20 April 2015 - 00:54
I tried four times to get a package from ASOS delivered to my apartment but the postal service is so rubbish here they just kept sending it back to ASOS without even trying to deliver to me. They only like delivering to PO Boxes so if u have a work PO box or someone you know does I suggest you use that, I ended up using my husbands work Po box and finally got it after waiting two mnthsof back and forward communication. Postal service is not "rubbish" here, but "different" or if you like, "non-existent". There is no normal post home delivery in the UAE. They only deliver to mail boxes, if you have one. When someone gets it delivered to "husband's work", it arrives to his desk because the company has a driver or secretary who goes to the post office once a week and collects the letters from the mailbox. If you want to receive it at your door at home, you have two options. Pay for courier delivery when you order, or use aramex shop & ship and receive it at your UK virtual mailbox, from where aramex will home deliver. There is nothing wrong with the postal service here, they just simply do not have the infrastructure fore home delivery, and I am not surprised that they do not bother developing it any more, when people send emails and not letters.
Latest post on 19 April 2015 - 21:41
i opted for express delivery and paid an extra 20 quid for it to be home delivered ..would that help ??
Latest post on 19 April 2015 - 21:27
I've ordered from ASOS countless times and love them. I send the parcel to my hubbies work address and for the postcode I put 0000 Enjoy!
Latest post on 19 April 2015 - 21:13
Oh and everytime your package gets sent back to ASOS you have to completely reorder all your items and the things you chose are sometimes out of stock now...it's sooooo frustrating! I always enter 0000 as the postcode in Dubai fyi
Latest post on 19 April 2015 - 21:11
I tried four times to get a package from ASOS delivered to my apartment but the postal service is so rubbish here they just kept sending it back to ASOS without even trying to deliver to me. They only like delivering to PO Boxes so if u have a work PO box or someone you know does I suggest you use that, I ended up using my husbands work Po box and finally got it after waiting two mnthsof back and forward communication.
Latest post on 19 April 2015 - 13:34
Its a while since I ordered from ASOS but I usually have it delivered to my PO Box so sorry I cant help with the home delivery method. I know they offer a tracking service which will be delivered by courier that costs a bit more but will deliver to your home address.
Latest post on 19 April 2015 - 13:22
i always put express otherwise it can take up to 2 weeks to be delivered- express comes in 4/5 days
Latest post on 19 April 2015 - 13:21
you have to put your physical address where you want the item to be delivered to
Latest post on 19 April 2015 - 12:48
I normally put UAE as the zipcode and that usually works. does it get delivered to your home ?? do i have to choose express delivery since i do not have a po box ??i am a bit nervous as its my first time ordering and i do not have a po box number - thanks lots <em>edited by stylex1 on 19/04/2015</em>
Latest post on 19 April 2015 - 12:41
I normally put UAE as the zipcode and that usually works.
Latest post on 19 April 2015 - 12:06
I always put 00971 and it works! Never had a problem. would they deliver to the po box or would someone call to confirm physical address ..?? my concern is that they may deliver to 00971 !!! Should i add a message to the delivery portion ?? <em>edited by stylex1 on 19/04/2015</em>
Latest post on 19 April 2015 - 12:02
I always put 00971 and it works! Never had a problem.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY