Afternoon tea...which would you recommend | ExpatWoman.com

Afternoon tea...which would you recommend

Latest post on 19 April 2015 - 17:44

Hi,

I haven't benn for ages and would like to know which you would recommend. I did search the forums, Rhodes, One and Only, The Westin come up. Any other recommendations? Nice setting, great food, not too expensive. Thanks :)

Latest post on 20 April 2015 - 16:12
TWG Dubai Mall has good teas (for which is served on most of the afternoon teas on the places mentioned above)...However, TWG's ambiance and setting is not good at all as it is inside a mall with distracting views of people taking pictures over the indoor fountain.
Latest post on 20 April 2015 - 12:37
Al Qasr Fayrooz Lounge is wonderful, welcoming and friendly. Al Bayt at The Palace Downtown is also fantastic, with vouchers in The Entertainer for 2 for 1. Both places are very helpful with food allergies, and you can stay as long as you wish, with complimentary tea/coffee refills - in fact The Palace even ask if you want to try a different blend!
Latest post on 20 April 2015 - 12:32
Al Qasr Fayrooz Lounge is wonderful, welcoming and friendly. Al Bayt at The Palace Downtown is also fantastic, with vouchers in The Entertainer for 2 for 1. Both places are very helpful with food allergies, and you can stay as long as you wish, with complimentary tea/coffee refills - in fact The Palace even ask if you want to try a different blend!
Latest post on 20 April 2015 - 10:37
As far as I know Rhodes in Residence is no longer serving afternoon and it has moved to W1. The setting is good and food is fab though. Al Qasr is good and so is Park Hyatt.
Latest post on 20 April 2015 - 09:13
Rhodes in Residence and RW1 are both fab. They both include refills of soft drinks and coffee and tea so makes it great value too. RW1 is a lovely restaurant too, so that's definite the favourite
Latest post on 20 April 2015 - 07:10
I've done Rhodes @ Grosvenor and it was very nice! Al Qasr's is pretty awesome, as the view - if you get an outside table is amazing! There used to be an entertainer voucher for there as well, I haven't yet got a book for this year so not sure if they still do
Latest post on 19 April 2015 - 21:25
Really enjoyed the One & Only which is great value for 99 dhs. Went recently to the Ritz Carlton on the Walk but wasn't impressed. Friends went to the Fairmont on the Palm and similarly were not impressed. Have heard Rhodes at the Grosvenor is a good one.
Latest post on 19 April 2015 - 20:27
We were impressed with the food at the Park Hyatt one recently.
Latest post on 19 April 2015 - 19:21
Fortnum & Mason Dubai Mall does afternoon tea...
Latest post on 19 April 2015 - 17:53
The Palace Downtown does a wonderful afternoon tea. Arabic inspired, so lots of dates etc. <em>edited by Oopsiedaisy on 19/04/2015</em>

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY