FS1 Toilet Issues | ExpatWoman.com

FS1 Toilet Issues

Latest post on 28 April 2015 - 10:54
Yes, it is possible. My daughter decided two days before her third birthday that she didn't want to wear diapers anymore and that was it. She never even had an accident. I am hoping that my son will be the same. As you said, fingers crossed....
Latest post on 28 April 2015 - 10:52
glad im not the only one AnonDubai :) i know loads of people who didnt attempt until their sons were 3 and they were dry and clean within a week- fingers cross thats your boy...
Latest post on 28 April 2015 - 10:29
Yes, don't worry. My son will be 3 in June and starting FS 1 in September. He is still in diapers! I have some work ahead of me....or not.
Latest post on 28 April 2015 - 09:28
thank you ladies, we have our induction in may so will chat to the school then. at the moment he will poop in his pants at nursery and it doesnt bother him- we still have a few months until september so fingers crossed :biggrin:
Latest post on 27 April 2015 - 17:09
Have to agree on this as well, mine is in fs2, they still bring spare clothes and early on, the teachers would help remind them to flush, use the shattef, etc. mine also goes like clockwork between 3-4 pm... After school. They had one young child in class at the beginning that would have an accident once or twice a week, but by December he was ok as well. It is a situation that they wouldn't really be able to hide from the rest of the class, as far as I know though in most places the toilets are very nearby if not inside the classroom for FS.
Latest post on 27 April 2015 - 16:46
You should probably talk to the school directly and ask their policy on this. Hopefully they are very understanding and will be supportive (accidents do happen!). In general, I find that children that young do "train" themselves to go when they get home. My kids have always waited until they come home and go within an hour of being home. You can help them make it part of their routine if you want. For example, at 4pm (or whatever time you want) take your child to the toilet and try to consciously poop. Obviously not pushing too much or too hard (and never forcing them or stressing them out about it), but just making it part of the routine. Nothing will happen for days or maybe even weeks, but eventually you'll "teach" yourself to go at a certain time.
Latest post on 27 April 2015 - 16:22
Yes, I do have experience with this. If he has the odd accident in FS 1, it is fine. You will bring a bag of spare clothes and he should be able to change himself if necessary. He most likely would only ever have one accident and then never again because he'd be mortified. I have found that most children wait until they get home to poop. There is something about pooping at school that most children do not like.
Latest post on 27 April 2015 - 15:53
afternoon ladies, my son is 3 next month and we are still struggling with toilet training, he wees in the toilet with no issues but its still pooping in his pants occasionally. lots of friends are telling me he will get there eventually and im sure he will but my question is: what happens if he is still having the odd accident when he starts FS1 in september? does anyone have any experience with this? many thanks

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY