Review on HSBC bank | ExpatWoman.com

Review on HSBC bank

Latest post on 07 May 2015 - 14:29

Any reviews about their service, efficiency? Me and DH want to open a joint account, we are looking for premium account as it is offering excellent benefits including free international transactions, free cheque books etc. If anyone can recommend any better options ?

Thank You !!!

Latest post on 11 May 2015 - 13:30
Thank you everyone, I have opened account and so far so good. I hope, I don't have to face any issues. And they actually give all the benefits they promised. Does anyone know whether you are allowed to transfer your savings from HSBC Premier account to your home country? I have heard that you have to have a minimum amount on the HSBC Premier in order to qualify being HSBC Premier? Axelle, you are right...you need to have salary transfer of 50k Dhs and above or maintain a balance of 350k Dhs to qualify for premier account. We don't have either of these. Perhaps we got ours because we had one opened for us by our RM in the UK Yes GE, if you have premier account in UK, you can have it here without any such requirement. I did wonder as we have nowhere near the requirements. I think he only did it as a favour to us :)
Latest post on 11 May 2015 - 13:11
Thank you everyone, I have opened account and so far so good. I hope, I don't have to face any issues. And they actually give all the benefits they promised. Does anyone know whether you are allowed to transfer your savings from HSBC Premier account to your home country? I have heard that you have to have a minimum amount on the HSBC Premier in order to qualify being HSBC Premier? Axelle, you are right...you need to have salary transfer of 50k Dhs and above or maintain a balance of 350k Dhs to qualify for premier account. We don't have either of these. Perhaps we got ours because we had one opened for us by our RM in the UK Yes GE, if you have premier account in UK, you can have it here without any such requirement.
Latest post on 11 May 2015 - 12:18
Thank you everyone, I have opened account and so far so good. I hope, I don't have to face any issues. And they actually give all the benefits they promised. Does anyone know whether you are allowed to transfer your savings from HSBC Premier account to your home country? I have heard that you have to have a minimum amount on the HSBC Premier in order to qualify being HSBC Premier? Axelle, you are right...you need to have salary transfer of 50k Dhs and above or maintain a balance of 350k Dhs to qualify for premier account. We don't have either of these. Perhaps we got ours because we had one opened for us by our RM in the UK
Latest post on 11 May 2015 - 12:02
Thank you everyone, I have opened account and so far so good. I hope, I don't have to face any issues. And they actually give all the benefits they promised. Does anyone know whether you are allowed to transfer your savings from HSBC Premier account to your home country? I have heard that you have to have a minimum amount on the HSBC Premier in order to qualify being HSBC Premier? Axelle, you are right...you need to have salary transfer of 50k Dhs and above or maintain a balance of 350k Dhs to qualify for premier account.
Latest post on 11 May 2015 - 11:34
We've never had an issue in doing this, but we have a Premier Account in the UK too and a mortgage with them
Latest post on 11 May 2015 - 11:32
Does anyone know whether you are allowed to transfer your savings from HSBC Premier account to your home country? I have heard that you have to have a minimum amount on the HSBC Premier in order to qualify being HSBC Premier?
Latest post on 09 May 2015 - 15:44
We are premium customers and had better service when they were Lloyds but I honestly don't know of any bank I would change to here. My main gripes are with the HSBC credit card: 1. We've stopped receiving our credit card statement by post and they can't explain why we are not receiving it because it's being sent to our private postbox. Ordinary bank statements to the same postbox get through no problem. 2. Only the principal credit card holder of a HSBC joint credit card account is allowed to have online visibility or verbal information regarding credit card balances or purchases. We have an automatic payment set up and they can still legally debit our joint bank account for the outstanding credit card monthly payment without telling me how much money they are taking and what purchases it relates to. And of course, there is the inconvenience of having a credit card declined because you don't know that the limit has been reached because they haven't taken the monthly payment. There is no way around this, they tell me. I've assumed this just happens with HSBC as I haven't heard of anyone else having these issues, so I would think twice before having a joint HSBC credit card linked to the account, if you are looking for that facility. We also have this with DH as principal card holder, but we know what the limit is and always check with each other if one has spent when the other wasn't present. Also the monthly payment has always gone out on time and we both get an SMS to say so. Saying this mind, it's the same with our UK account too as DH is the principal card holder. <em>edited by Geordie expat on 09/05/2015</em>
Latest post on 09 May 2015 - 12:25
We are premium customers and had better service when they were Lloyds but I honestly don't know of any bank I would change to here. My main gripes are with the HSBC credit card: 1. We've stopped receiving our credit card statement by post and they can't explain why we are not receiving it because it's being sent to our private postbox. Ordinary bank statements to the same postbox get through no problem. 2. Only the principal credit card holder of a HSBC joint credit card account is allowed to have online visibility or verbal information regarding credit card balances or purchases. We have an automatic payment set up and they can still legally debit our joint bank account for the outstanding credit card monthly payment without telling me how much money they are taking and what purchases it relates to. And of course, there is the inconvenience of having a credit card declined because you don't know that the limit has been reached because they haven't taken the monthly payment. There is no way around this, they tell me. I've assumed this just happens with HSBC as I haven't heard of anyone else having these issues, so I would think twice before having a joint HSBC credit card linked to the account, if you are looking for that facility.
Latest post on 08 May 2015 - 21:50
Ok, three branches. Compared to emirates nbd 68. https://www.emiratesnbd.com/en/index.cfm/branches-and-atms/ They also offer free check books and free transfers for premium customers. As I said, the number of actual branches in town may or may not be important, as most of the time you would use Internet banking, but can be a factor to consider. <em>edited by dentro on 08/05/2015</em>
Latest post on 08 May 2015 - 18:17
http://www.hsbc.ae/1/2/personal/why-hsbc/ways-to-bank-with-us/branch-network
Latest post on 08 May 2015 - 17:57
One thing to consider is that hsbc does not have many branches in dubai ( I believe only one in deira?). This may or may not be important to you. There is a huge one on Al Wasl Road :)
Latest post on 08 May 2015 - 17:29
One thing to consider is that hsbc does not have many branches in dubai ( I believe only one in deira?). This may or may not be important to you.
Latest post on 08 May 2015 - 15:40
Having banked with HSBC - Barclays, ADIB and now Standard Chartered, HSBC gets my vote ...
Latest post on 07 May 2015 - 18:43
Thanks everyone. I am up for this with confidence now :party:
Latest post on 07 May 2015 - 17:48
Another happy HSBC customer here. We too have a Premier account and have never had any problems with HSBC ?
Latest post on 07 May 2015 - 16:04
As Geordie expat said you will probably get people saying that they are dreadful but, like G e, we have had no problems with HSBC - neither in Dubai where we were for seven years nor here in Muscat where we've been for the last three years. We also had a Premium account in the UK before we moved to the middle east and had a Premium account in Dubai and have one here in Muscat and, to be honest, have never had cause to complain. We also have offshore accounts with HSBC and no problems there either.
Latest post on 07 May 2015 - 15:51
You'll probably get loads of people saying "no don't do it" on here, but I for one have never had a problem with their Premier Service. DH and I had a premier account in the UK, so just carried on the same out here. Free withdrawals from any cash machine and free international transactions are a bonus. OK so the rates probably aren't as good as elsewhere, but if we do ever have a large amount to transfer, we go elsewhere. Thank You GE. We have tried local banks, my exprience was great with customer service but benefits are not as good. I was skeptical as many EW here did not recommend. Wish me luck :cool:
Latest post on 07 May 2015 - 15:10
You'll probably get loads of people saying "no don't do it" on here, but I for one have never had a problem with their Premier Service. DH and I had a premier account in the UK, so just carried on the same out here. Free withdrawals from any cash machine and free international transactions are a bonus. OK so the rates probably aren't as good as elsewhere, but if we do ever have a large amount to transfer, we go elsewhere.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY