Has anyone ever.... | ExpatWoman.com

Has anyone ever....

Latest post on 27 May 2015 - 10:45
I had my eyebrows done yesterday and the lady who did them had awful stinky hands. I almost gagged! From where I come from, the ladies usually wash their hands first and rub some sanitizier or rubbing alcohol before touching you. The smell was so awful I had to try breathing through my mouth!
Latest post on 26 May 2015 - 23:21
You pay for the treatment and for the relaxing time. You have all rights to ask her to brush teeth or wash hands, and I would do that with no hesitation. I would even ask for an other therapist if needed. And no, I am not a complainer. But I learnt from experience, I did suffer a few times , wasting money. Last time I had a dentist's assistant at a top rated dubai beach road clinic who had horrible armpit stink. Every time she reached over to help the doctor she had her armpit basically over my mouth, I was about to throw up. Of course my mouth was full of tools and I was trying to cope with it but I was so sick that after a while a told plain and straight that i could not stand it. They brought in an other assistant luckily. Still, I have not been back to that clinic since.
Latest post on 26 May 2015 - 19:39
Oh it happened to me while doing facial :sick: the hand of the therapist smells !!!!
Latest post on 26 May 2015 - 16:57
I once had a boss with such bad breath that I kept one of those big tubs of Extra Chewing gum on my desk so he'd take one every time he came near me. He had a habit of asking his staff 'does my breath smell?' before huffing on them!!!! Makes me ill just remembering it.
Latest post on 26 May 2015 - 10:15
I had a facial once and the lady was obviously a heavy smoker - all I could smell was stale smokey fingers rubbing my face with cream. Yuck!! I hate the smell of cigarette smoke and I actually felt physically ill after it. Never went back.
Latest post on 26 May 2015 - 10:03
Haha my husband has done this with taxi drivers before! But with chewing gum.. Hubby has some, gives me one then offers to the taxi driver. Smooooooth! You're thinking about it way too much :D just offer her a mint or some chewwy next time after having a piece yourself
Latest post on 26 May 2015 - 09:02
I've never done it, but I think you could get away with it if you had a mint first and then just offered her one. She would think you were being rude if you didn't offer that way. Next time just do it......what's the worst that can happen! Good idea Blue413, I've always got mints in my handbag so if it happens again I'll do this.
Latest post on 26 May 2015 - 05:54
Oh my this is something people think but dont do. I had a facial at Cleopatras and was wanting a relaxing time...the girls hands smelled like curry and onions. Never went back! Discusting. Wow ... that's pretty rough. I like the mint idea though ... maybe just pop one in yourself and offer her one?
Latest post on 26 May 2015 - 00:01
Oh my this is something people think but dont do. I had a facial at Cleopatras and was wanting a relaxing time...the girls hands smelled like curry and onions. Never went back! Discusting. Ewwwwwee that's gross! A facial with smelly hands!! there are ways of being nice to raise the issue so you don't spend your valuable time gritting your teeth not enjoying it. Easy for me to say as I've endured all sorts over the years and am now of an age that I will say, but only in a nice way - who knows what could happen to us in vulnerable positions lol!
Latest post on 25 May 2015 - 23:17
Oh my this is something people think but dont do. I had a facial at Cleopatras and was wanting a relaxing time...the girls hands smelled like curry and onions. Never went back! Discusting.
Latest post on 25 May 2015 - 23:12
If it's not your usual place, and maybe not planning on returning - just do it! At a place I go to often (but I have a few) I've been asking by the girl who washes my hair if I'm having waxing/threading today cos I look like man (yes I wonder why I return too - but it's round the corner!) I lived in Asia for a long time and developed a thick skin (you need moisturiser for that mam!) and find honesty is reciprocal not automatically bitchy on either side, tell it like it is, works both ways. I do see that a foul breathed masseuse is unacceptable and will spoil the feel good factor we all crave. Yep try the I'm having one, would you like one approach.
Latest post on 25 May 2015 - 21:56
I've never done it, but I think you could get away with it if you had a mint first and then just offered her one. She would think you were being rude if you didn't offer that way. Next time just do it......what's the worst that can happen!
Latest post on 25 May 2015 - 10:11
....offered a mint to a beauty therapist? I had a massage at the weekend (not at my usual place) which was very nice but the therapist's breath was awful. I nearly offered her a mint but chickened out. If anyone has done this, how was it received?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY