Any feedback on Cardiff School? | ExpatWoman.com

Any feedback on Cardiff School?

Latest post on 15 June 2015 - 11:51

Searching the forum brings a few threads where question has been asked on Cardiff International School and Loydence Academy but there isn't any feedback.

We re struggling to get our little one in for Reception so would appreciate if anyone has got something to share about the above.

Also any other schools where I could apply apart from all the big names as they have no places left for reception class.

Thanks

Latest post on 15 June 2015 - 23:34
Hi My daughter is currently in Year 4 at Loydence in Al Aziziyah. She has been with them for almost a year now. My son will be joining Reception in September. Overall, it's a good school and I like the fact that it's quite a small school. The staff is approachable and the head teacher is very good. Class sizes are small. My main concern is that I don't find the work challenging enough for Year 4. Having said that, my daughter was previously in a very good private school in the UK and I find myself comparing everything to their standards. I cannot comment on Reception until my son starts attending the classes. Hope this helps but do let me know if you have any more questions. Good luck
Latest post on 15 June 2015 - 12:40
DebK, thanks very much for your comment. I am looking into stand alone kindergartens as well but the problem with those would be that next year we'll be in a similar situation for Year 1. If she goes to a school now, it will be relatively easy transition into Year 1.
Latest post on 15 June 2015 - 11:58
I don't know anything about the two particular schools that you have mentioned. However, if you are having difficulty finding a school for the placement of your child in Reception then you may want to consider expanding your search to stand alone Kindergartens that are registered with the SEC and offer the reception program. One of these in particular that offers a solid program and has numerous resources available to teachers to support learning is Kid'n Around Kindergarten. http://www.kidnaroundkg.com It operates out of a purpose-built villa and follows the EYFS curriculum. They do not however provide transportation, but it may be worth your time to look into it. Kind regards, ~ Deb